Joystick feature request for future machines

Not sure if it’s the right place for feature requests for future Elektron machines (I also sent it to Elektron support ), but anyway…

After my experience with Elektron devices, I found that the most exciting feature for me is scenes on Octatrack. It’s obvious how nice scenes and fading between scenes are for live performance, and today I came to the simple idea:

if you have a joystick there are 4 corner points (let’s call them A, B, C, and D ). So we can assign 4 scenes to each point and morph between them with an amazing amount of variability. Of course, more options immediately come to mind, even don’t want to waste your time, you can imagine by yourself.

For my personal taste, such a design would be perfect for a digital machine (maybe a combination of Machinedrum and Monomachine inside one box ), but I guess the idea is quite fresh and never was implemented exactly this way inside a groovebox, so any realization could be mind-blowing.

What do you think?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: What gear would you like to see elektron do next?