Is there any benefit to performing a factory reset to 'clean' the RYTM?

I have been working my way through the machine to backup projects and for the first time actually approach my RYTM in a proper tidy way.

I was just wondering if I was to do a full factory reset would it ‘clean’ up the hard drive as such? Starting afresh? or am I talking complete nonsense? By clean up I suppose I mean in that when my OT messes up formatting the drive sorts it out. The RYTM hasn’t crashed but I have had it for a few years and thought maybe a factory reset might kind of de-fragment the hard drive.

You have an option to remove user samples when you do a factory reset.

Don’t think theres any technical benefits. But what the fuck do I know.

Lol, I doubt there is any benefit, just figured the RYTM might be a little ‘healthier’ after a reset but with no real logic why :expressionless:

It’s flash memory so there’s no defrag necessary.

1 Like

benefit of making your own sounds , learning how things work , learning the limitations , what makes it different to other boxes and not sounding like everyone else who’s using the presets (although i like many of the presets myself… nothing wrong with presets , the 808 has done pretty well for many many years out of a few stock sounds).

i’m not sure if its like a pc/mac and the memory gets framgmented and things like that , more likely the files / sounds / patterns get named badly and it starts to get hard to find things.
at least if you do it all , its organised how you want.

Don’t think there is a benefit. AFAIK the AR isn’t a computer suffering from defragmented RAM or mass storage, which might slow down the machine after some time.

Well … to set everything back to zero … game over … new game … might even make some sense :wink:

1 Like

Thank you guys, if there is no real benefit I will just delete the projects themselves but not bother wiping it as I have samples in it arranged fairly neatly.

2 Likes