Is there a multiple out mod?

Always wondered if anyone ever modded the A4 to have multiple track outs instead of just stereo? Keys has separate outs but it’s too big for my setup.

I am sure that somewhere on the circuit board there must be a place where the 4 analog outputs are mixed together. So it sure would be possible to tap into those traces and run a cable to some kind of breakout box and split them out. Of course this will void any warranty. And it is not sure if you will get usable signal levels from there and how it might affect things down the stream.
But I’ve never heard of someone doing that.

Darren Ager was talking about it once a time… Interest check Separate outs mod

Looked into thod myself & decided switching to the AK is by far the best option.

1 Like

the multiple out mod for the A4 is called AK :stuck_out_tongue:

Old thread but I am thinking to do the same. A yone managed to get 4 out successfully? Then I could use it without Overnridge a d but just be making music.
If the signalpath is fully analogue it should be quite easy

Read the topic linked above:

Read from here

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the links. Seems pretty easy with the casework being hardest bit

Did you think about the connections you’d use?

No not yet I think 3.5 trs are fine. I didn’t check in terms of space but as they wrote in the thread drilling holes isn’t too difficult. I would be fine with other metalwork (dentist and used to cut with a high precision) but it seems good using 3.5 trs. Have you done the mod? Which ones would you suggest? Didnt have time to read through the whole thread yet but this is awesome so I can finally just leave overbridge and use the synth as I do with th others. Without overbridge it seems rockssolid.

No. I’d like too. I’d like 6.35 jacks, even if I can use only 2. Problaby mono.
I’m not totally against 3.5 stereo jacks, but I’m not fond of them.

A DSub 15 pin would be interesting too (vga cable).

1 Like

I would prefer 6.3 as well but from looking at the photos there is nearly no space and as good as i am with drillng, I see myself being just 0,5 mm off and not able to fit anything in anymore. Still reading through the thread but I am to 90% sure I am going to do it. Not sure what they agreed on regarding the buffering. A VGA connector would be a good option i think but again it is much harder to drill the case for that. Just moved houses a couple of months ago and stored my whole stuff at my parents for a bit until i find a nice flat to stay in longer. now with corona it is difficult for me to get all my tools. soldering iron and drill are here, the instrument needed to cut other shapes isn’t. I hope there will be photos of mods, maybe I decide on this based on what I see. As bad as 3,5 mm is, a safety margin is a good idea as it is a quite expensive machine. however no single outs is a complete fow killer and overbridge isn’t relieable at all. so going single out into the mixer and tracking from there using single outs and an adat interface would be an awesome solution.

I just opened it. 4x6.35 trs in the back seems really difficult unless you bend some pins! 1 for sure.

Possible on the sides, and the front (8 mono jacks seems possible, 16 if you wish :content:).

hehe, nahh i like it neat & tidy. was also thinking about not using the headphone output and / or the cv gate connections. I dont need them so far and i really do hope never to get into modular as this would be a financial desaster. friends spend so much money on more nd more modules all the time…

have seen any other info and / or photos than what is in the thread?

if you have yours open right now. could you measure the distance of the holes? is it 2,3? then I would order the stuff needed todayand hopeefully do the mod on tuesday. I think I will go for 3,5. Even if not the optimum connection. It has been done. It looks like there is no additional buffering necessary

Which holes?

If I’d go for 3.5, I probably do like @panelist.

I’m also thinking of RCA…

Do you think you can fit 8 at the back?

just at the position within the tread with the vga connector. this looks really good. I am tempted