Is the Octatrack fader busted?

The test mode should tell you if the machine is experiencing any critical errors, like the fader failing

Have you assigned any of the parameters to the scenes? If you don’t set anything up nothing will change

1 Like

Fader animation does not show up on the UI plus if you haven’t set up anything to change with the fader why do you think anything would show up when you’re not even using it over top of sound

There is an animation that does show up on the OT when the fader is moved. Its a black bar going from left to right.

Parameters are assigned to a scene, I can do a video if needed.

I don’t know whether you’re asking me or telling me. But no there isn’t. Any animation of parameters that you can witness on the ui’s done through MIDI

Here’s a link to expected behavior in test mode – it should move the leds above the trig buttons.

This thread makes lots of good suggestions so you can read other stuff. Like apparently there’s a ribbon cable inside that can come loose. FWIW.

1 Like

But again, have you assigned anything to the scenes? You have to assign something to a and then assign something to b and the fader will fade between those two values

1 Like

Yes I have, I been following the video and manual.

THis is what I was talking about, the highlighted area is an indication of where the fader is:

Thanks for the link, yeah it didn’t even register at all when I did the test.

Yes, there is. Lower right corner of screen shows a b and black bar between them, indicating the position of fader.

1 Like

Thank I knew I wasn’t going crazy.

Yeah but are you sure you don’t need to lock a parameter to a scene to make that bar automate? I’m at work so I can’t confirm whether or not my bar shows up without any parameters locked to scenes. Like you don’t get any changes to parameters locked to the scenes at all? Bummer if it’s broken sorry

No need to plock parameters to scenes to see the animation, even with muted scenes.

1 Like

That was what I was talking about. Thanks for the help, so it does mean the fader is dead.

Are you sure you ran the test mode ?
Fn+Power up
Press trig 1 for TEST
Read results and move your crossfader.
You should see the 16 trig leds moving accordingly to crossfader position.

There is also a crossfader calibration in test mode.

1 Like

Sounds like Elektron will send you a new fader if it is broken (according to the thread i linked too), so that’s the good news. It must be a no solder fix.

Yeah no leds moving left or right.

Cool, I bought mine used so not sure if they can help still?

Sad. I would open OT.

1 Like

Yeah I need to ask the seller first, if Elektron won’t send me one for free how much do they cost?