Is it worth it to buy the heat?

That’s me, hah. I don’t use it for everything, but I do think I’ve used it for all my masters. Well, to each their own. I love how it’s great for subtle warmth but also very versatile for other stuff.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I sold the Heat some time ago. now I want him back, maybe. Unless I can find an analogue device that has a compressor, filter, EQ and distortion, because that’s really damn good for group processing.

At the moment I’m using the Goliath plugin for this, which is also amazingly good for this.

that is, at the end of the track, i group individual tracks into: lows, mids and highs. each individual group then gets different settings with golliath.

I think the heat would also be great for this, but unfortunately it doesn’t have a real compressor and you would have to record every single group because you can only load the heat once. in any case, this technique has become indispensable for me and this processing is a lot of fun.

1 Like

but the heat can do a lot more with its lfos and distortions and its analog filters. this is also very great for individual signals. However, as I said, you would always have to record the signal in order to be able to use it multiple times.

Well you can use it as VST which makes the process a lot easier.

but only per channel, so you have to record the signal if you want to use it multiple times.

Sure, but you can do it in DAW which makes it more straight forward.

2 Likes

that is how I plan to use my new Heat once it arrives via Overbridge on new Macbook with Digitone and Analog 4 to create fun tracks and use with modular as well. I don’t really need Heat for modular since I have compressor, distortion and eq modules but using the Heat in the end of signal chain will make life easier for me with my synths.

I just wanted to share a tip for Pro Tools / Analog Heat owners.

Pro Tools 2022.10 added the ability to use USB interfaces as Aux IO, allowing you to add USB audio devices in addition to your main interface as IO expansion.

Since PT doesn’t natively run VST, this is the perfect way to use Heat. Just set Heat as USB AUDIO/MIDI under USB CONFIG, also set the Heat Audio Routing to USB CC MODE: INSERT. After that, in PT add the inputs and outputs under AUX IO.

Now you can output a track to Heat and create a new track with Heat as the input and voila, Analog Heat in Pro Tools!

1 Like