Introducing Octatrack MKII

ok. didnt read about that :frowning:
wellā€¦ its a great machine as it isā€¦ still i love the trig conditions and the quatize functions on the analog ones bettter :-))
overbridge is really not needed for meā€¦ fingers crossed :-))ā€¦

1 Like

very disappointing if it has the same OS. no improvement on sample handling, resampling etc, which is imho a pain.
I donā€™t care about OB, but you could make the workflow so much better!

Personally I find OB more of a nuisance than anything else, and trig conditions are of really limited value to me (i do like Fill though).

What I really was hoping for was some more machines and more/better effects, etc.etc.

I havenā€™t personally used the Digitakt, but is it necessarily preferable to have the light-up buttons vs the old button + LED? Thereā€™s something about the fact that youā€™re covering up the light that seems kind of weirdā€¦ if your finger is over the button you canā€™t tell if itā€™s lit or notā€¦

I have no problem with the sampling workflow, I only want conditional trigs badly

8 Likes

I wanna know whatā€™s happened to the poor schmuck at Juno who made the initial mistake in putting it out there.

2 Likes

yeah, perhaps someone with deep OT experience, can infer what differences might meanā€¦

e.g. the rec3 buttons, seems to be for ā€˜internalā€™ record - resampling?
would that fit easily with the current OS?

Id be very disappointed, if the resolution of the oled is not going to be used to give better waveform displays, and generally a better UIā€¦ the current product image, looks like a high resolution monitor displaying 8 bit graphics from the 80ā€™s :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess anyone wanting an octatrack will buy it, those who donā€™t have one and have been considering it.

I wonā€™t, but itā€™s an obvious upgrade following what theyā€™ve done previously with monomachine and machinedrum

2 Likes

Maybe Cenk or Simon can answer -

Is there a purpose to the hi-res encoders if all the values are still 0-127 steps in the OS still?

3 Likes

Secretly packed with extra DSP to allow for the possibility of upgraded reverb, trig conditions and maybe even OB? This is the one thing I want to know.

3 Likes

I think this may be an update from manufacturing necessity. This may be the way they could keep the OT alive, but Elektron may not actually be supposing that people will upgrade from a MK1 to MKII - more that if someone is in the market for an Octatrack in the near future, this is the version they will be able to buy.

7 Likes

Probably To make it sound like a better update than it is encouraging folk to shell out Ā£300 more

This makes me even happier with my DT purchase ā€¦ I was always too dumb to gel with the OT, but the DT makes it nice and easy for me, and conditional trigs are the greatest! :grinning:

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t count on that.

Why would the encoders be higher resolution. New encoders, same resolution perhaps.

the page specifically says ā€˜hi-resā€™ encoders

Interesting, I guess they would handle this like a4 ak differences with same os, adjust os for mk2 encoders but keep the OS in sync otherwise.

1 Like

The OLED is the same res, 128 Ɨ 64. Still, it is welcome for contrast improvement.

1 Like

Hi res encoders does not equal high resolution parameters

It just permits different user input schemes

5 Likes

14 Likes

Seems the OS will be the same as the MK1.

4 Likes