Introducing Octatrack MKII

They were old since day one. :slight_smile:

Well, the RYTM has been out of stock for a while now… :wink:

Will the buttons velocity-sensitive for audio and midi tracks?

Where did you see Elektron state that the OS for the Mk1 would be updated?

Cenk said above that they will not be.

I suggest to ask this question in that particular thread…

thanks. will do!

Just love having my 3 black boxes with same color, not going to “Break” it.

I guess we will see an A4MK2 and ARMK2 very soon.

3 Likes

Does anyone remember what happened with the MD & MNM mkII revisions? Did the mk I models get any new updates after the mkII’s were out?

More dedicated buttons and better specced inputs… I’d probably upgrade if the new design wasnt so fugly (I personally dislike the way DT and this looks)

Didn’t you say your DT was going back?

facebook Elektron thread

quoted some posts above by another member :wink:

1 Like

Looks nice… but why Compactflash? It’s getting outdated and there should be SD support in 2017 imo. Even pro cameras are leaving CF support out these days.

1 Like

UW functionality was added I think.

1 Like

Ah found it, cheers! They say they will continue to support it but no mention of updates…

1 Like

He ‘OD’d’ and ‘fell from a window’ in Amsterdam.
Interpol are trying to cover it up but word on the street is a large blonde man was seen leaving minutes after ‘the accident’.

1 Like

Either that, or he’s on the run around Camden with a car full of anything he could grab to make as much money as he can, cuz he ain’t getting a job with any other music retailer anytime soon!

1 Like

Does it still have the ‘one wrong button combo and lose 8 hours work’ feature? :stuck_out_tongue:

Was looking to get back into OT land if a v2 was released with either 8 stereo outs or OB, looks like I’m out for now.

1 Like

8 stereo outs ? That would be 16 jack outputs on the back, doubt that would ever happen ever.

i’ll be honest, even if the Rytm and A4 got facelifts, as I much as I would love them I would struggle to shell out, these boxes are such heavy investments to begin with.

a big part of me lately just thinks about selling both and grabbing a digitakt, in combo with a laptop i think it would be a nice setup

I tried. But the store didn’t take it back.

Instead, they made a warranty issue out of it, with a return of the device to Elektron for analysis. Which didn’t help me at all, of course.

So I’ve still got it and will sell it second hand to fund my Deluge.

I’ll come back to it when it’s more stable and mature and I’ve got the funds for it again. And while I still have it, I’m using it until I don’t.

I already know that the DT is much more me than the OT. But the unstable nature of the instrument means it doesn’t work for me, right now.

1 Like