Introducing Octatrack MKII

Plz major update on mk||

major ?
The feature request list is already long.

I hope mk|| needs totally upgraded os and features in my opinion.:slightly_smiling_face:
Like ar mk|| and a4 mk||.
Only OT mk|| has old one.
There’s no any difference with mk|| mk|.
Is not possible?:cry:

From the get go Elektron have been outspoken about the fact that OT MK2 is pretty much the same machine in new clothes. Considering the product lifecycle I don’t expect a rewritten OS, rather a completely new machine at some point. What is it you’re having issues with?

2 Likes

I’m very satisfied my OT Mk2
It’s very lovely and powerful machine already.
I just wonder elektron has plan for mk2 only.
yes or not, OT mk2 always good.
thx

not

3 Likes

Very selfish and childish, like
“Me beautiful new toy I paid more must be better than the uggly old one.”

1 Like

I was wrong.
so sorry.

1 Like

MkI is older sister. She deserves the same. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My MKII just shipped! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Remember to use 24bit for flex sampling and playback :wink:

4 Likes

Definitely

Haha good advice Buzz. How are you liking your OT so far?

Are you sampling the Ob-6?

1 Like

Really digging it.
Will sample Obie this weekend!

1 Like

Hello,

When you say:
Thru: track level 127, amp vol +40
Any values not listed: default

What value do you set in the playback part?
For my part I put THRU track level 127, playback vol +40, and amp vol +40.
I do this for my modular, and my xoxbox.

For the drums of my sonic potion LXR (B.A.R) THRU track level 127, playback vol +40, and amp vol +20.

I think it sounds good but I would like your opinion on the issue. The advice is always good.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

For a thruzy I’ve been using these settings:
-Master volume: 19
-If using a master track: track level 127
-Thru: track level 127, amp vol +49

The vol parameter on the playback page I leave at 0.

These settings are for live sampling and it makes it so that the signal coming out of the OT’s mains is the same level as the signal coming in, so that you can freely switch monitoring methods and not experience volume differences.

On my chunk of the mothership I’m using a mackie mixer with an alternative buss. All my sources are run into the mixer and so is the OT. The mixers alt buss outputs are running into an OT input pair. Whenever I want to loop/sample something or use OT fx, I just press the alt buss button and instantly the signal is routed through the OT which comes back into the mixer at the same volume so you can’t even tell the routing switch happened. It’s quite nifty…

I’m operating a mk1 and I don’t use pre-recorded samples, so I don’t know if the mk2 behaves any differently with it’s new inputs, and I don’t know if you’ll start running out of headroom with these levels cranked if your using a lot of normalized samples on flexes…

-These settings have served me well for the last few years, however I will be reworking things a bit in order to freely use direct cuing of the inputs and not experience volume drop, cuing the inputs sends out a signal equivalent to a mixer dir at 100. At some point I’ll have new settings based around that…

Catch ya on the flip!

7 Likes

@Open_Mike you should start an OT helpline thread

6 Likes

I heard he was already on strike. :smile:

1 Like

:elot: helpline is the whole OT section of the forum the way I see it. It’s been active since before I started working, I’m just one of it’s operators, I do work long shifts though…
Your an operator too @jb!
I don’t know how these rumors spread but @sezare56 is right, I am on strike!
I will however respond if summoned…

:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::moyai::moyai::unicorn::moyai::moyai::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:

3 Likes

Getting Ready for the RYTM. On the Truck, hopefully the pads aren’t cracked from being in sub zero temps :smiley:
Anybody free for the next 6 days to help with some wiring ? :scream:

2 Likes