Introducing Octatrack MKII

Really?

1 Like

I thought that’s what I read- is that not true?

Both the Mark 1 and Mark 2 are described as having USB 2.0 ports. I don’t think there’s anything to indicate any difference.

3 Likes

Same as Mk 1: 128 flex + 128 static.

1 Like

Oh yeah, of course. Long day at work today.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

Local dealer here says he’s got’em next week. But who knows?

1 Like

I’ll see it when I believe it…
Or something like that… :thinking:

1 Like

I’m still hoping that it’ll bring support for my shiny expensive fast 128G CF card!

Conditional trigs - this is even more exciting now. I’ve got a circuit of four octatrack web sites I obsessively refresh a few times a day; alongside Elektronauts, there are two online stores, a real life store, and elektron.se itself. I’m glad to be among people here who might even feel the same way ^^

It’s great to be waiting with y’all!

Then start believing, for all our sake😊

2 Likes

I truly am a believer… :heart_eyes_cat:

yeah me too. I am looking forward to the new Octatrack and Rytm as well.

my dream triumvate: Octatrack+Rytm+Virus will be pure bliss for home and stage

Let’s wait until the OT update is out… It is a fine enhancement, but only if it is available…

I am waiting since several weeks for the overdue digitakt update and right now it seems as if it takes a while until it’s there …

meh

:angry:

1 Like

Digitakt will wait. We’ve been waiting for Ot’s cond trigs for 6 years ! :smile:

3 Likes

argh :slight_smile:
Octatrack OS 1.25H — Oct 21, 2015
As Digitakt seems to be a stable machine (haha) the next update will come in two years :slight_smile:

From Elektron web site:

The Octatrack MKII brings enormous sample processing ability into a machine designed for live performance.

Does this means that the MKII has more DSP power than MKI ?

Btw, if we’re talking updates, my number one request is for the ability to copy and paste patterns while the sequencer is running. That would be another game changer for me, and surely it’s possible in the software!

5 Likes

Accroding to gear4music additional 2 weeks delay on MKII may be expected.
Whish the new firmware was released much earlier :slight_smile:

Almost certainly not. The list of improvements on Elektron’s web page for the Mk 2 does not include increased DSP capability.

1 Like

This also says:

• Sample-per-step change

Is this going to be featured in the OT also ?