Introducing Octatrack MKII

Arp can retrig, isn’t it ? :wink:

1 Like

How inappropriate would one of them ”Your momma”-jokes be here now?

1 Like

In midi tracks you already can plock a note to retrig it with Arp, with certain timing limits of course.
I even used it to retrig audio tracks samples, in order to retrig envelopes too.

As i imagined it! Yes!

sweet jesus

An OT thread for the TRC specifics if reqd…

3 Likes

Well I am using my first Elektron product as a friend loaned me his MachineDrum gear since he was not using it after he bought a Rytm. So I will probably get either MK2 or older Octatrack. If I score a killer deal on a used Octatrack when MK2 comes out then that would be the budget way for me to go. Also looking at Digitakt or new Rytm but depends on how I like the MachineDrum as I may buy my friends MachineDrum for good price if I like it.

Now all we need is a pre/post fx mute option in project settings and I have 0 complaints​:ghost::cowboy_hat_face::clown_face:

3 Likes

Great to see some new (non standard product) photos of the MKII on the product page now, as well.

The addition of trig conditions really completes it as a “DT PRO” or “DT XL” of sorts, don’t you think?

3 Likes

It seems things have also slightly changed around the output stage:

MKI:
Main/cue outputs level: +10 dBu
Output impedance: 560 Ω
S/N ratio: 102 dBFS (20-20.000 Hz)

MKII:
Main outputs level: +17 dBu
Output impedance: 440 Ω
S/N ratio: 104 dB (20–20,000 Hz)

I guess it has to do with adapting the output stage to the higher voltage. The specs read slightly better. I wonder if that translates into an edge of the MKII in audio quality. But I guess it won’t be as dramatic as the DT/OT difference.

3 Likes

Oh man! This is wonderful :slight_smile: Thanks, Elektron ! :pray:t2:

1 Like

re trigconditions on OTmk1:

Holy shit I love this company.
(Just ordered the Digitakt as well the other day. DT+OT = bff)

5 Likes

I’m so fucking happy, never expected this! and I always wanted that feature
thank you Elektron <3

1 Like

I am impressed as well with Elektron gear. Been using a Machine Drum as first time hands on with the gear and fun stuff in spite of different learning curve and workflow coming from Ableton Push.

a 7dB increase is nothing to sniff at. I welcome the increased headroom with open arms

1 Like

Except the reverb is lightyears better on the Digitakt.

3 Likes

do you mean the reverb on the rytm is better than the digitakt?

Well that is more subjective. I was specifically referring to @AdamJay on the “DT PRO” comment. Octatrack’s reverb is metallic sounding, not nearly as nice as the Digitakt for large warm in-foreground mixes.

2 Likes

different strokes… i love a good plate. and p-locks

Agreed, it’s totally subjective. :slight_smile:

1 Like