Introducing Octatrack MKII

It would be nice to get one of the MKII’s I’ve ordered out of the 3 so I can get going. I know some of you read manuals ahead of time, I can not do that. I need the device in front of me. I’ve watched the Cuckoo videos, the guy is cool and all but I find his methodology a bit slow for me.

1 Like

Buying three! Way cool. For three they ought to send you a loaner MkI !!!

OK the loaner has a dent in the fender, but it will get you from point A to point B.

I never get a break man, never won anything, and have never got anything for free. But it would be cool if they sent me a hat at least FFS :laughing:

3 Likes

Or a damn T-shirt.

Every thing we know about specs and release date are from here: https://www.elektron.se/octatrack-mkii/

1 Like

What the what what what ?

(DALEK mode on)

:rotating_light::rotating_light: Explain. EXPLAIN ! :rotating_light::rotating_light:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Where did you hear that? Link the source please. MKIIs are not out yet, that’s the reason why I ask, there is no way of knowing.

It’s in this very same thread.

Also on FB, and cross posted (again) in this very same thread:

4 Likes

Thx Adam :thup:

Yep😊thanks😊

That was three months ago. A lot may have changed since then.

If it was just a simple color change and new display, surely we would have seen some demos about it already (especially since it was supposed to come out in August).

1 Like

I think the decision on what the MKII should or should not be, was made months before we even knew about it. And I’m confident Elektron hasn’t looked back since. They’ve been clear what the MKII is and also what it’s not.

I would imagine the MKII is about done and finished. It goes through QA, and they can’t do a Digitakt on this one and just ship it then fix it, cause the Octatrack’s been out for years, they have most likely thousands of Octatrak MKI users that will upgrade, learm the new machine in an hour and then put it to work in studio and on stage.

You can’t have the Digitakt scenario there, where it crashes and behaves and an update weeks later fixes about half of the first batch of issues. This is a pro piece of gear that’s worked its way into workflows and performances all over the world. It has no grace period. It needs to be rock solid from launch, or Elektron’s rep of shaky QA will take an even deeper hit.

Again, I’m guessing, but I think they’re looking for all the unknown unknowns still, and only because the MKII can’t be any less solid that the MKI. That’s their one and only focus. As it should be.

11 Likes

Hi - IMO, the best Octa video to watch is Ask Video’s tutorial with Thavius Beck.

1 Like

MKIIs release dates are now updated again on elektron website.

So,
OT mkII: “Available soon”;
A4 mkII: “Available in October”;
AR mkII: “Available in November”.

I’m new here waiting so long for new Octatrack :smile:
Is “soon” better because means “soon” or is it worse because means “we still don’t know when”? :smile:

Love being here, thx.

4 Likes

Soon definitely means “we don’t know when” !
I’m waiting for a product “coming soon” since 2014 ! (Oto Boum).
http://www.demotivation.us/media/demotivators/demotivation.us_Coming-soon…-_131586346418.jpg

2 Likes

I was expecting the OT mk II to drop before the SE-02 at my local retailer, but seems like the SE-02 got here first :content:

1 Like

According to my retailer (Sweden somewhere) it may be coming in today. Hope.

6 Likes

I wish they’d added more outputs on mk2 since it doesnt have OB.
its the main reason I personally got rid of my mk1 and wont get an mk2, i do my final mixes itb.
:[

[edit]…“might” not get an mk2 :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone know the following:

Shipping dates for 8TRKMK2?
Sample / Bit Rate?
Audio Over USB capability?

Praying for audio over usb in some capacity, and or 24 bit 48k.

:pray:
~Beta Minor