Introducing Octatrack MKII

MPC efx IMO = meh

No. I can send the same information (notes, automation, e.t.c.) through midi to cv convertor, so its all about sequencer controlling modular and in OT its amazing. OT is used to mangle samples much more with all this parameters lock and other modulation.

It was bad comparing to Digitakt, but overall for 2011 i think its all right.

I dont know man, I think theyre pretty great considering you can have up to 4 per pad and then master FX, also there are way more than enough outs to send through external FX if they arent to your liking. I reckon I could go for miles on the new MPCs internal effects though. Different strokes as they say

@trophieme I think octa will always be the top of the sample mangling game, even if it doesnt have all the features that everyone wants I think its pretty hard to complain about. A real 2 will come in the future, dont wait around on it though. Theres no point in a company one upping their own product when it simply has no comparable opposition. The mark 1 is definitely more than workable

Absolutly

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt vs. Octatrack

I totally agree about sound quality, I think of it as a sound source anyway not for creating tracks. If the sound is improved on MkII I’m in, if not don’t see much point

1 Like

I have no idea what you are talking about. The Octatrack is a very, very high quality sounding machine, especially in 24 bit mode.

care needs to be taken with the gain staging along the way for each signal path.

6 Likes

Maybe it depends on how much you manipulate the sound. Straight playback is ok but with heavy mangling it imposes it’s distinct sound character. For me, compared with certain softwares it’s actually a pretty lo fi sound.

1 Like

the word “its” in the usage you placed it semantically within actually requires no apostrophe between the t and the s.

in fact the words you just wrote don’t actually make any grammatical sense.
anyway cheers for the brief interaction, ciao.

Agree. Pitch shifting and reverb, but also other effect could need a serious overhaul for 2018. my hope is that they will do and also make a update for the old octa :slight_smile:

Are we on Facebook now ?

4 Likes

:slight_smile: Let’s keep it to audio and equipment

6 Likes

The mki and mkii will share the same OS, so any update to mkii will also be for mki :slight_smile:

I think thats largely to do with the type of extreme mangling the OT encourages rather than the box itself imparting character. when you stretch a sample out twice its original length, pitch it and chop it up and resequence it in x0x format it will always give the sound a glitchy lofi character, also tied to the fact that even though there are tons of mod destinations for the LFOs they are the same, all the time and therefore youre likely to come across similar sounds with different samples. As a sampler it can be just about as transparent or lofi and characterful as you want it to be. I might not have the magic golden ears that a lot of people online seem to have but I honestly think the OT sounds like whatever you put in it

5 Likes

was just looking back at some old posts from spring 2016.

Things that make you go hmmmmm…

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone has heard a ship date from a retailer. I know sweetwater has been saying the A4 and AR MK2 aren’t coming until January, just wondering if there are any reports of the OT MK2 being delayed?

I checked in with my rep from sweetwater he said the 11th but now that’s been pushed to the 22nd but still not solid

2 Likes

I wonder what’s happening at Elektron. No-one from Elektron has posted here at Elektronauts for over a month and there has been no information about the delays. Are they still in business?

4 Likes

Got a mail from my retailer: New date for Octatrack mk2 will be 30.9. And elektron changed release date from “mid September” to just “september”. And like always no comment or anything from elektron…

1 Like