Introducing Digitone

Nice! I’m curious to see how some MIDI LFO action might work with the OTO’s filter…I wonder if it interpolates the incoming MIDI data to make a smooth filter sweep…

2 Likes

Yes I modulate Biscuit via midi all the time.
Analog filter sweeps perfectly

3 Likes

Yeah I knew it would be a perfect match.
The SRR and analog filter of the Biscuit is my goto when creating sine wave FM on my Nord G2.
A little SRR on the sine waves fm can’t be beat.
It’s a perfect match, and if I bought a Digitone SRR onboard would be my first feature request.
It’s an essential effect with pure sine FM tones imo

1 Like

What are you using as your rack there?

apologies for the impatient self-bump here, but enough of yall own a DN now to help clear this up - do none of the key & scale, chord, or track transposition features work on midi tracks? is a significant factor in my consideration of ordering this additional elektron box. ty

I can test this tonight, that is, unless someone beats me to it :diddly:

much appreciated!

Ok, so bear with me, this is the first time I’m using MIDI tracks with the DN.

So I tested and I can get a volca keys to respond to notes on the seq. However, I cannot seem to be able to play the volca keys via the DN trig keys?

The only way I can play the volca keys from the DN is if I enable trig keys to INT + EXT and set the AUTO CHANNEL to the ch # the volca keys responds to. This way, I can not only olay the trig keys, but I can play the scale/chord mode as well, and the chords and scales are transmitted. However, if I then engage realtime rec mode and play these chords, nothing gets recorded to the MIDI track??!

Something tells me I need to RTFM… there has gotta be a setting that I’ve missed somewhere.

EDIT: Duh, of course nothing is recorded to the MIDI track if trig key dest is only EXT! It needs to be INT + EXT…

2 Likes

Ok, so now I changed the trig key setting back to INT, and again I cannot play the volcakeys with the trig keys? But the playing records just fine into the MIDI track in realtime rec, I just cannot hear what I’m playing… And the MIDI tracks also record all the scales & chords in realtime rec! Its just very annoying that I cant hear the notes play until they are recorded into the seq. Either this is a bug or I am missing a vital config setting, buried in some menu somewhere…?

EDIT: Maybe trig key dest needs to be INT + EXT? Will investigate…

EDIT2: Setting trig key dest to INT + EXT kinda works… but now I am transmitting the notes even when my active track is not in the MIDI mode! This must be because my internal track 1 is configured in the MIDI channel settings as channel 1

Summa summarum - the scales and chords work with the MIDI tracks. I need to check that transposition still, and am out of time until later… will get back to you on that.

EDIT3: Transpose is working as well, and transposes the sequence after it has been recorded OK.

EDIT4: Oh, okokok I think I get it now. The DN, and guessing DT too (?), have a new/different MIDI config workflow than the big boxes when it comes to MIDI tracks. By futzing around with the settings, I was ultimately able to come up with a setting combo that allowed me to both play the trig keys (with chords&scales), as well as record everything to the seq and have things working as expected.

5 Likes

thanks so much. when doing semitone transposition, do the recorded notes stay within the key and scale you’ve set up for that track? or is it a chromatic / post-quantize transposition?

the recorded notes get transposed once you set the semitone value and press YES. I’m not a 100% sure but I think it works almost the same as in the A4, with the exception that you need to press YES after setting a xpose value to apply it.

The MIDI tracks and trig keys are a mess right now. I’ve got an open support ticket about it and it’s being worked on.

That covers the current steps I had to go through to get the trig keys to play an external synth that I could sequence with no problem, but couldn’t trigger manually without a lot of configuration, and that should be fixed in future update.

1 Like

I dreamed my Digitone backorder shipped from zzounds yesterday

Hey, can anyone test to see if arp settings are saved with a sound?

In particular, can you have two sounds saved with different arp settings, then sound lock between them to fake a plocked arp?

Thanks!

2 Likes

yes, i was very surprised, but thats working

6 Likes

DigiMachine is coming

Can you elaborate?

If you ever wondered which synth to pair with Digitone…Roland SH01a makes a good mate!

Digitones FX on external audio (like in this case) are brilliant! Love them! Better than any FX unit i had before.

I was buying an expensive fx pedal off of Reverb the other day (chrome Spaceman Mercury IV) that was close to the cost of a Digitone. I was very tempted to buy a Digitone instead. The only thing that stopped me from doing so is the lack of song mode on the Digitone.

Elektron - Please give us something! I really want to buy a Digitone!

1 Like

+1 for Digiwave!

1 Like