Introducing Digitone

Sounds good?

1 Like

this :thup:

3 Likes

You have your colored buttons , what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Needs some semi modular fun to be complete! :smile:

The demos of DN sound very good and I like the compact form of DT/DN to have something really portable! However, I miss the song mode, too. Probably not a big deal once OB is there for people who like to work with a DAW. But my workflow is different- I prepare everything entirely with song mode on my machines and then the computer is just used to record the final track.
So song mode would be greatly appreciated (especially, since it was provided on all older Elektron machines) !
Any recommendations for work arounds so far ? Would it be possible to send pattern change messages via Midi?

@starmanwarz I do have a modular but it’s not getting much love at the moment… I’m too busy making music :joy:

6 Likes

Picked last in gym class looking mug

1 Like

That’s a sweet setup, the DN will definitely be a nice addition!

and the AR has to go, because not enough space.

1 Like

I am tempted to go the “minimalist” route and just pair this with a DT and a MIDI keyboard and get to work. I feel like I have so much gear that in trying to figure out what to use I end up doing nothing (I know, boo hoo for me). Might be time to hit up the marketplace and start selling stuff.

7 Likes

I’m thinking about doing the same. It’s a nice and focussed setup with a lot of sonic possibilities. I might add the Analog Heat to complete this mini trinity.

2 Likes

I’m streamlining my setup at the moment. I find it’s really good to get creativity flowing, let’s you focus on a few things well. I get much more out of my instruments that way.

ive sold a few units n now just got my DT, DN (incoming), and my small modular.
that’s all I need to do what I do. everything else was sort of overkill.
love a bit o streamlining me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Mini Trinity” is a great name for that setup…

Same, but I’ll keep my Nord Drum 3P and my Nord A1. Digitone can sequence all 4 parts of the A1, and the Digitakt can sequence all 6 channels of the ND… with 2 ‘alternate’ tracks available… (assuming you can have two tracks sending to the same MIDI channel?)

No more computer!

Cenk - this is my favourite video from NAMM. especially at 7:10 & 10:00 & 11:50.

’if they don’t give me a random option I’ll do it properly’

Classic.

I’m guessing they dropped you and Simon in at the deep end on day one but it’s good to see how you get to grips with what the DN can do with some classic Dataline medicine.

9 Likes

sounds amazing, Thud thuddyy.

So, from the vid I’m assuming you can layer 8 different FM snares on one step? and blow up some speakers, ha :slight_smile:

Only 4 different snares at once, though you could use two voice unison for each voice :smile_cat:

4 Likes