Introducing Digitakt

Is there any timeline when the actual demo from Dataline is going to come out?

1 Like

I’m still vague about included functions -
Anyone got the scoop on -

Timestrech?
Internal Resampling?
Bit reduction?
Drag and drop sample import/export?
Any scene/snapshot/fill performance functions?
Slicing?

69€ for Overbridge plus…

not been following this thread a lot, but looks like there’s no kits in this device. So sounds are saved with the patterns? But you probably have a sound library as well?

premium OB, hear hear.

not sure if I’m a fan of the late elektron marketing / product strategy tbh. Like, at all. :thinking:

inb4 exclusive premium device OS features

2 Likes

yeah a demo from Dataline would help sell it. he’s the best salesman they’ve got. I’ll wait to order until he shows up on YT with one.

1 Like

no scoop but guessing:

Timestrech? nope
Internal Resampling? nope
Bit reduction? yes
Drag and drop sample import/export? yes
Any scene/snapshot/fill performance functions? nope
Slicing? nope

1 Like

Mm. If you’re right that’s a pretty dull/expensive box by today’s standards (looking way down in price at korg es2, slightly up at mpc live…)

1 Like

At least they mention hires encoders… Guessing this will mean a better resolution than the 7-bit range we have become used to with elektron boxes?

As for OB premium, not sure what it means exactly. Will OB premium offer anything for us AR & heat users? If going premium means reduced latency for OB usage with either of those, count me in!

At this price, i will remain on the fence and see how far I can go with what I got already + MPC live (that is, when the live ships - hopefully by xmas lol)

they’ll want to sell you a mini quadrotrack next year which is a looper, stereo sampler with timestretch & slicing. But no MIDI, cross fader or scenes. :money_mouth_face::money_with_wings::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Throw in the Midi Sequencing, and I’m in

it aint a cheap entry-level box any more

3 Likes

Overbridge premiums is not very fun to see that

2 Likes

I’ve been an Elektron fanboy for many years, but charging for a premium version of Overbridge…I don’t like the smell of that one bit. It reeks of a new kind of business model from them, and one that I don’t appreciate and avoid from most other companies. I wonder how long it will take until it becomes a monthly/annual subscription.

It’s been fun, Elektron, but if this is a sign of things to come, then you’ve probably lost me as a customer.

9 Likes

WTF is Overbridge “Premium” ?
Elektron, are you taking the piss ?? I clearly remember you laughing at Roland charging more for the 707 extension. And now, this ?

9 Likes

In fact is for pay more feature already present in the old box . That is not great to elektron .is not the price the problem . In the fact overbridge was free

1 Like

Making customers pay for OB after having it available as a free add on for 2 years is a lame move. And there’s absolutely no new OB functionality they’re selling along with the OB premium.

2 Likes

they did up the price as well

Don’t forget
Buying - Nope

2 Likes

However, if this finally means that there’s a future of an improved UX for sample transfers for AR & DT, I’ll be happy to pay. 70€ is only slightly more than a PL lid for one box, not much compared to the initial investment. YMMV as always.

Besides, IIRC there were a coupla nauts that wished for OB to become a paid addon years ago. Their reasoning was that it was the only way to speed up the software development to help OB to mature properly within a reasonable timeframe. So those of you who thought so back in the day, where yall at now?

PS not buying into any “subscription licence” theories just yet. That doesn’t sound like elektron at all.

1 Like

it’s not about the amount, but about the shady business practice of including features in a product, then locking them to customers unless they pay more.

"Oh, Overbridge is not tight ? it’s not syncing up properly ? you need to get the “premium” version, that will “fix” it ".

This business model makes the “cheap” version not operate correctly, so that users have to upgrade, or not use it at all. It’s giving the consumer an illusion of choice, where there is none. And let’s not forget that Elektron used to be a hardware company. Charging more for a hard drive in a Machinedrum makes sense, charging more for a line of code that unlocks extra features in software, not so much.

9 Likes