Introducing Digitakt

I don’t see this as a vs situation. In honesty the elektron stuff is loop oriented, if you don’t make loop oriented music and want plenty of midi control and the ability to do massively long patterns choose the MPCs as IMHO they are quite simply a better option for non loop oriented music. I mean lets be honest here my 10 year old MPC1000 is far more capable as a midi sequencer than anything Elektron have ever released, midi is not elektrons strong suit and I’m saying this as someone who has owned literally everything they have ever released at one point or another (still have an A4, AK and AR right now)

5 Likes

Of course nobody knows and I could be wrong but I think it will be able to resample…

I noticed a function of the page button is “fill”. Sounds performative. I’m intrigued :wink:

I suppose it’s like the rytm where you have fill as a condition for trigs, which only play when the button is pressed…

2 Likes

Correct!

(Well, you can latch it too…)

5 Likes

Latched fills, no duct tape or paperweights, nice!

When are we going to see the Digitakt in action?? I can’t wait any longer!! :ecstatic: I’ve been checking this page non stop since it was announced. I find the combination of Heat and DT very intriguing…

1 Like

Will you be able to latch pattern bank buttons so you can select patterns without going through the motion of two button presses?

Using tape to keep a pattern bank button latched seems kind of archaic

2 Likes

Is the digi can sample on the 16 tracks or on 8??

1 Like

8 sample tracks 8 midi tracks.

1 Like

okaï thanks :relieved: its my first one of this compagny
Are we can :panda: imagine that the 8 pass to the 16 with future update??

Musique concrète, mono sampling, panning L & R, pattern chaining xox

:sweat_smile:

No.

3 Likes

This thread reminds me of the U.S. election. Truth just isn’t all that interesting to most people.

7 Likes

I was kidding about the tape thing, not sure if your serious… :diddly: If you are, I’d go for paperweight, which I was also kidding about… :happy:

Or try the Keith Emerson method, and use a dagger…

3 Likes

I wonder what it would be like to sample selectively into the DT by putting it in the OT FX loop; i.e. running the OT cue outs into the DT and the DT outs back into say inputs C/D of the OT. Maybe run those DT outs into a thru track. Sample a cued OT track, slice in DT, rearrange, etc. Hmm…

Couldn’t you just do that all internally on OT? Maybe I missed something…

Absolutely, but if for instance, you’re short on OT tracks to resample with or you’d like to use a feature or effect which the DT has but the OT hasn’t, then it might be useful, or as just a way to change workflow to get more creative…

1 Like