Introducing Digitakt

I was not talking about vacuum, more about wordspiel ^^

But yeah, I see what you mean :smiley:

Yeah DIG IT

1 Like

Like a few im still undecided, to OT or to DTā€¦

Overbridge and contrigs might be the key ingredients for me as I totally love it on the rytm.

Anyone planning on getting the DT while having an OT?

Any arguments besides the obvious gotta catch em all?

Iā€™m waiting for the manual. :book:

me too . overexcited at it. depending of the specs, i can unload my mduw for a more modern seq!!
if not crippled somewhere, day one buyyyyy!

I just got an OT for this very purpose.

1 Like

I definitely have my eye on it. On the OT I end up using at least 4 tracks for drums and 2 as thru machines so Iā€™m not left with much. Itā€™d be great to have a device dedicated to drums that has some of the dope features of the RYTM without the depth and price tag. Right now Iā€™m trying to make do with what I have but all it takes is a Cenk demoā€¦

1 Like

You gotta roll that G in Digi, the way the R in Rrrrytm is rolled.

Indeed, not yet thoughā€¦

I hope itā€™s not too late for fun Digitakt iconography, like the other instrumentsā€¦ :elmd: :elmm: :elot: :elan:

2 Likes

Sounds logical, thing is atm Iā€™m drowning in beats, Iā€™ve got the rymt and the md. besides that I got omnisphere and oredered a 0coast today.

3 Likes

Even with final specs not yet final, I would go further and say that it will indeed be an upgrade over MDUW MIDI sequencing, based on all the details that have already come out.
polyrhythms, trigless trigs, micro timing, probability, 4 note chordsā€¦

3 Likes

I use a OT and RYTM, as a foundation for my live rig.
OT : All kinds of synthsamples, sfx, other soundscapes
RYTM : Mostly drums
I got my eye on the DT

1. Sequencer
  2. Sampler, because itā€™s different from the OT, more focussed on drums and hopefully it has some extra features compared to the RYTM concerning the sample playback/editing.
  3. Because I like drummachines/samplers

It will never replace my OT, canā€™t compare those.
2 different kind of beasts.

In my case I think it goes well with both the RYTM as the OT.

1 Like

thanks!

Yeah, thats my hope as well. But im almost keen on replacing the Rytm with the Digitakt. For a simple reason: I slowly cant hear its ā€œalmost the sameā€ analog sounds anymore !! :smiley: And using Samples on the Rytm is kinda crappy; limited ways of fiddling around with them, but mostly: The way i have to put them on the Rytm feels like 2001 ā€¦ not very intuitive.

For me the DT would be the perfect companion to the OT. When it takes care of all the Drums i have the appropriate Tracks left for something else on the OT and can use it for a myriad of stuff i cant use it for today - because it has only 8 tracks :slight_smile: When the DT has OB added it can then simplify recording all the stuff in the DAW again; putting the OT into the DT and - hopefully - recording it in Stereo (i really hope the Inputs are processing Stereo Signals for as long as you dont use them to record stuff on the DT directly). Now the DT needs Performance Features so that it can do the neat stuff i do with my Scenes on the OT as well. Or in a similar way like the Performances work on the A4. That would be awesome too. And finally: If everything is much simpler on the DT getting a track together would become much faster again. Seems like a Sample-Dream to come true when combining those two units :smiley: But ā€¦ i guess, everything will be different anyway and lots of stuff is yet again missing :frowning:

Before i forget it: Will the MIDI-Tracks on the Digitakt be polyphonic? What do you think? I guess they are mono! :smiley: For some obvious reasons ā€¦ i really hope they are not though!!:blush:

1 Like

Definitely no performance mode or scenes.

Should be 4 voices at leastā€¦

QFT:
Q: What about the MIDI sequencer, is it polyphonic?
A: The MIDI sequencer has the same great features found in our Analog series, such as Trig Conditions and Parameter Locks. It features a +3 note offset on every step so that you can sequence chords. (Up to four notes)

gggrrrrrrreeeat :smiley: Ok, as for the performances ā€¦ scratch Scenes, thats not necessary; it doesnt have a Fader. But why not implementing Performances in a similar way as the A4? Must not have that much parameters, but some Macro Controls would definitely be necessary; otherwise stuff can easily get ā€œrepetitiveā€ after a while - how should i build my Risers and Drops without that??? :smiley: