Introducing Digitakt

The RYTM’s inability to precisely trim samples in the box is why I sold mine. It’s a legitimate complaint. I was convinced it was an oversight, and kept thinking there was no possible way Elektron wouldn’t eventually implement this simple ability/feature with a a future OS update. If the Digitakt can record samples, but does not have the ability to trim them properly in the box (like you can on an SP12 which is over 30 years old, or the simplest of budget samplers like a Boss SP-303) I’d have zero interest in it. It’s ok to express this opinion imo.

12 Likes

I don’t know lovtscho, and I wasn’t trying to single him/her out either…more commenting on the barrage of dismissive comments that any new piece of gear seems to illicit on the internet. “Oh, it doesn’t have XYZ? It might as well be a fucking toaster!”…meanwhile, nobody has heard a single sound or seen a demo, but it’s already a worthless piece of crap and everybody on the internet needs to know my opinion…

I mean, sometimes those initial instincts are correct, but it seems like gearheads have a really difficult time with managing their expectations and jumping to conclusions. Doesn’t meet your needs? Bummer. But at the same time, unless you’re absolutely unable to create with what you already have, why not move on and make something. Who knows, by the time there’s actually something to see about said piece of gear, you might actually discover that it does exactly what you wanted, and if not you’re still creating. Every gear forum I frequent is rampant with this, and it is a bit obnoxious.

6 Likes

I play the piano. Doesn’t have a lot of features, to be honest. Great polyphony, nice keybed, decent wooden ends, solid room reverb. Yet, I keep finding depths.

The DigiTakt won’t be about specs, but how it’s played. And I think it’s gonna be great to play.

6 Likes

Fairlight CMI for Uber rich mofos

2 Likes

I didn’t think the Fairlight was released until 1980, but I was mistaken it seems.

Farlight I, released 1979

it’s beautiful pff…

2 Likes

I think it’s gonna be great to play arrangements featuring your piano

1 Like

Of course you are free to critisize. No one is denying that. I just thought the seventies metaphor was a bit unfair is all. And why can’t I express criticism wrt to your criticism? I didn’t find it super constructive. Coulda worded this in another way, but then again so could have you.

IMO it’s funny how things often escalate to “fanbois vs haters” on forums. Polarizing too much for mature conversation for my taste. Maybe I played some part in this as well with my comment, so I too am a victim of falling for it sometimes. I guess I became “trigged” after reading this type of talk a million times already on this forum, you know the beating a dead horse kind…

But enough of this. Carry on sirs…

reading the OT2 thread, theres ALOT of foreshadowing to the digitakt.
so either Elektron reads this forum, or you people have your finger on their pulse.

it depends what you want. The DT seems to me as an on-the-fly-machine. The AR is some sort of sound-designer-tool on the drum/percussion-side

3 Likes

are the mono-samples 24-bit or 16-bit? could not find anything

1 Like

I hope there is a masster compressor like the MD that would be really nice elektron please please :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t really get Digitakt to be honest. I’m sure I’m missing something but I’d rather just spend a little more and get something with a better feature set (looking at you MPC Live…) or spend less and improve the functionality of Live. I know plenty of you could pick apart that statement with ease but that’s just me.

I think a lot of us are being a little salty towards Digitakt as we were convinced this would be a MD or MnM replacement. I still remain interested but more out of a sense of “surely there has to be something more” than anything else.

7 Likes

I agree, there will be some Swedish Easter egg in their to get us all fizzed up!

Patience.

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Alternative to Digitakt?

Overbridge for samples editing :gift: soon héeeh hé!!

1 Like

really? there is a mute? gotta check this out one day

1. AR to DT … walk me through…

take the AR headphone out, and put it into the DT … from there I can send the sample as SYSEX back to the AR? ( via midi probably)

1. DT to sequence MD UW
    The MD has 16 tracks… lets say I keep 4 and RamPlay slots, leaves, 12… so lets say:

How would I abuse the remaining 10 tracks of the MD with the DT?

Can I only max control 8 tracks on the MD then?

(bear in mind MD UW can send receive sysex , as I ve heard)

1. disclaimer, I dont own MD uw anymore.

I’ve got a big ‘for sale’ sign to hang on my granny if the Digitakt has two recorders, one for each input that can live sample/playback like crashing the UW into the OT.
Just set on trig page, any 2 tracks on any step get access to either input.
With probtrig for sampling and playback it would be a dream rhythm box.
Live remix possibility with midi instruments to chop up or augment.

3 Likes