Introducing Digitakt

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Quote from Simon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. Lately, though, the Elektrons have been a bit trigger scattered in their communication. I’ll assume the DT is what it is today and won’t expect more until I see it. Here’s hoping, though.

2 Likes

does anyone here have a lid for their digitakt/heat? it would be nice to see it fit overtop the enclosure.

There was mass panic about mono only but now many feel DT sounds better than stereo OT… :smile_cat:
In the DT manual it specifically mentions how good and even 3D it sounds which makes me think there’s some unique audio mojo in this thing…

[quote]The sound.
Digitakt sounds very good. Audio material handled by the sample engine appears big, full and almost three-dimensional.[/quote]

How do I actually transfer files to my +drive? Do i have to wait for overbridge to be out?

How do you guys think the DT and SP-16 compare?

Off the top of my head on what each has that the other doesn’t:

SP-16: timestretching, 16 MIDI tracks for external sequencing, nicer display, color pads, slicing, looks more user friendly (less button combinations)
DT: more/better ways to mangle a sample (?), smaller, price

I have the DT, and while it’s fun and easy to use, it does feel a bit limited when comparing to the SP-16.

also more tactile, because 0% of the interface is touch screen.

Good point. I almost forgot my dislike of touchscreens.

2 Likes

Yeah price-wise but for the market that is more concerned about ease-of-use and immediacy, the DT and the SP-16 could be compared as competitors (at least they are for me). I have no doubt that the OT trounces the SP-16 on features. The DT and SP-16 are more basic machines.

1 Like

The DT is an incredible value. Pretty awesome for what you get at that price.

And yes, it’s sounds great.

I doubt anyone will be bummed if they got one.

id be interested in getting some 2¢ opinions from people here … ive been chewing on whether i can get away with sampling/selling my moog minitaur, keeping its ghost in the digitakt, or whether i ought to be midi sequencing it for some kind of dimension lost otherwise in the wash. i did just buy an analog heat. and the use of the minitaur for me is pretty strictly for droning and faux bass lines. …think i could get away with it considering its purpose/analog heat? sure it comes down to a personal pick, but i want to hear different sides. im at war with my inner self on this one. i do tend to lean toward a neater/reduced setup over an analog extravaganza of gear fleshed out before me. but im all ears/eyes

The kit issue or project loading I understand. The A4 you start with a new project and everything is a blank state. The digitak work flow can cause confusion but i just copy a pattern, paste it to a another and go into the pattern menu and clear the sequence data keeping the kit /sound settings the same if I want new variations on the original pattern.

Aw thats a darn shame, it would be really useful for live performance.

1 Like

Mine arrived today
Sounds good , easy to get my head around , easy to make minimal glitchy dubby stuff. Like other boxes , it’s all about happy accidents while live parameter tweaking.

Will integrate it tonight , along with new Waldorf micro q coming this afternoon.
Then I stop buying gear , again.

Would love more lfo per track
Can it do note slides for programming midi 303 boxes. ?

4 Likes

I got the lid, whats your question exactly?

I really like the DT, it sounds amazing and the workflow is so fast. Have to get used to this ‘kit stored in pattern’ thing, especially when I made a couple of similar patterns. When I want to change the sound a bit of 1 track, for example a snare, I now need to do this seperate for the other patterns, while on for example the RYTM you save the kit and it’s done. Of course you could save it as a sound, certainly if a lof of parameters have been changed. But then you still have to import that sound to the other patterns.

Also I am little bit dissapointed about the Master track, hopefully they will add something interesting there later on. The same for not having the ability to parameter lock the effects (delay/reverb) but there other options to do so, however somewhat awkward. On the other hand the reload pattern option works really well, especially in combination with the Ctrl All and changing the effects, delay feedback etc for creating live intervals and then go back to the original state.

All in all it has the same effect on me like the AR, A4 and OT and MD (my first encounter with Elektron Machines)
It’s put this everlasting smile on my face when playing with it, it is really so much fun!! As I do not own the MD anymore I really like the fact the brought back the possibility to CTRL external midi gear, I already tried it out with my Tascam IXR, iphone and some apps, there’s this app called RUISMAKER FM, it’s has 6 FM Drum Synth engines, you can control all parameters by CC. It sound really nice. Also great fun sampling these sounds. Which again is a big plus for the DT. Sampling goes fast, and straightforward. The whole structure around saving, keeping files inorder etc. is really a step forward.

Then there’s the new sample transfer app, wow! I hope this will be available soon for the RYTM as well, it works easier, faster and you can set up a destination folder within the app instead of doing this in the DT.

Hmmm… enough writing, I have to get back… DT is waiting for me…

2 Likes

id like to see it ON the heat/digitakt. instead of just…

good sir,

I was able to procure this rare painting of said armor mounted UNDER the mystical music machine Digitakt - I hereby wish to express my hopes that you be pleased by the process of focusing your sight on said digital representation of said painting

kindest regards
whomst’ve

7 Likes

It’s not very hard to imagine what it looks like when it’s on the device :slight_smile: