Introducing Digitakt

Thanks, @Open_Mike. I’m still getting used to the new forum. Far more sophisticated than EU!

3 Likes
1 Like

I have a new hypothesis. The smaller a product is, the more people are impressed with its feature set. Think on that for a minute. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Something for you :wink:

6 Likes

it’s like driving a new green car, and suddenly see a lot of green cars

now I hear endless of sounds to sample, all day, all around me

3 Likes

so, has anyone of you Elektron Pre-Order guys already received a shipment notification? I wanna know when the first batch is out - to predict when the batch for my local dealer might start to ship :smiley:

Nothing yet.

If you had to explain the same thing to hundreds of people for 3 days straight, you’d probably be tired too :wink:

2 Likes

damn …

Any chance we’ll hear more Digitakt demos soon?

1 Like

I believe so, it was still unfinished at SuperBooth. Haven’t saw how audio and midi tracks work together and then there is the mysterious Master button.

1 Like

I had a double take at your avatar… that’s a good one :joy:

I guess the fact that I coupled it up with a Reface CS, didn’t help the matter one bit.

1 Like

Would be nice to see and hear the features we haven’t yet seen, seeing as it should ship in a week!

1 Like

Gosh, I wish they were shipping next week. We’ll know for sure in a newer demo video.

Man, how cool it would be if Digitakt had an SD slot, you could cruise around all day with a recorder then make tracks with the sounds all night

1 Like

Octatrack has CF slot if that’s what you want…

1 Like

You can do that already.

If you have a half decent smartphone it’ll have the capacity to record audio in a separate app and the sound won’t be too shabby, either. Pair it up with a 3rd party mic if required

Then use your phone as a sample source and record each one to your satisfaction on Digitakt, and then save to your soundpool.

Chances are you’re going to have to edit/trim each episode you recorded on the fly using whichever device you’d initially intended for the job. You may as well do the editing while in the process of transferring to Digitakt.

Just as effective a solution, I’d say.

4 Likes

Looking at Cenks performances (yet again) it strikes me that when he’s in mashup mode I.e. Cntl All mode, that he’s having a twisty battle with the nob twisting on the DT. It might be helpful to offer an option to users so that when in Cntl All mode we can choose a different I.e. faster, nob scaling rate just for that mode - thereby giving the user a more perforative interactive mashing potential that would revert once Cntl All is released. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably already mentioned. Wouldn’t it be awesome, if the could release a machinedrum and monomachine in this format? They could use the exact same internals and externals with some tweaks + the new modern effects, overbridge & easier, reduced UI. Would be killer!

1 Like