Introducing Digitakt

Is someone knows how many samples slots are available in the internal memory ?

About three fitty

3 Likes

On a 64 step sequence have the trig condition set to 1%, albeit this is rather random in terms of which pass will initially trigger your sample. Perhaps don’t start with a trig condition to ensure it plays once on 1st pass then change it immediately during the initial 64 step seq to 1%.

Prolly a rubbish suggestion, just saying.

1 Like

Sounds to me like the specs are in: 64 mb for project total @16 bit mono-8 track. The question is, can the DT do one shot trigs? I’d be surprised if conditional trigs attempt to do the duties that one shots are better for.

There is a TRC which only plays on the first pass … so it’s akin to a oneshot

4 Likes

got an email from guitarguitar, word from their supplier is ‘towards the end of the month’

1 Like

I wonder how quickly can one reset it. I have just the OT’s one shots for comparison, but I guess a first pass condition would suffice for most things.

Instead of keeping the vocal sample in its entirety, divide it in a clever manner where there is dead space, and it makes no difference.

2 Likes

I’d guess Elektron will add the functionality you want before release or in first update. Maybe they’ll just add a ‘play once’ option to trig conditions or something if they’re planning to skip one-shot trigs etc. Doesn’t seem like the kind of easy-fix loose end they’d leave out for long.

1 Like

He’s stated in a few of the demo videos that the “return to original settings” function has not been finished yet but will be there in the final shipping units.

[quote=“lemons, post:4809, topic:35326, full:true”]how do I get a long sample to play in its entirety if I put it on a pattern? How do I prevent the sample from being retriggered every time the 64 step pattern loops?
[/quote]
If you want to play the whole sample several times, you can use the AB cond trigs :

A:B will be true on the A:th pattern iteration, then true again after B iterations, repeating indefinitely.

Just take the trig off once its played, i do this with long samples all the time, or even drones

2 Likes

You can also mute the track if mutes behave the same as the rytm (sample continues to play).

What do you mean?

I believe the technical term is “knackered” (thinking about his schedule lately wears ME out)

thanks for posting!

OT+DT=ODT2 ! (Oddity Two) :thup:
Sorry if posted twice.

1 Like

Sorry, just a stupid reference to a comedy show.
It looks like 127 per project but it’s not finalized

1 Like

OK, guys got it now :slight_smile:
Anyway I was hoping for more samples slots…

1 Like