Introducing Digitakt

Yes, a musical instrument must conform to the desires of the person using it. And yes a Yamaha Rs7k handles my drums and samples, the only reason I would consider something else is because it’s getting a bit long in the tooth. Weird how an instrument from 2006 has the best sequencer, but then again even an Alesis Sr-16 has song mode.

No they’re not musical instrument tycoons.

1 Like

wow, that’s humongous!

My mind is blown, also. If you have something that works, why would you spend time disparaging something that probably won’t?

Also: If you are proficient with a an Rk7000, what exactly is your reluctance in upgrading to an OT?

2 Likes
2 Likes

anyone know does digitakt got 1 shot trigs or something so you can have for example a really long sample or a granular-style start point lfo sample playing in the background not being affected by the patterns 4 bar limit?
:slight_smile:

i don’t know there’s different types of trigs, we shall see…

There’s a really good tutorial in Japanese, with Russian subtitles. :thup:

2 Likes

Doubt it, but A conditional trig with modulus 1:8 would bridge the gap somewhat. That’s 32 bars.

4 Likes

Ah sweet of course, I forgot about conditionals (sorry it was a silly question, it’s been a long day n my brain stopped working there) :slight_smile:
yea that’s exactly what I was after :slight_smile:

i guess so, set track length to 1 trig and loop sample?

From the Digitakt area of the Elektron web site…

400+ Factory Samples including:
5 acoustic drum kits — 4 of which by That Sound
23 electronic drum kits
42 synth one shots
44 synth stabs and pads
83 single cycle oscillators and noise loops

Plenty of food to get going with.

8 Likes

Nice catch on the change of the specifications section! It definitely didn’t have numbers or contents there before.

Well, like I said the RS7K is getting a bit long in the tooth. It’s big and heavy and some of the buttons are less responsive than others. I’m trying to retire it, and DT could do that for me, except for ONE LITTLE THING…

I could see an OT but something about these situations kinda rubs me the wrong way. I get that DT is supposed to be their more “entry level” product and that some corners must be cut in order to reduce cost. So I won’t be one of those who complains about all the tracks being mono or the low sample memory or the lack of individual outputs. But these hijinks with the MIDI just can’t have an impact on cost. And even if there is a slight cost, c’mon, the selling point for Elektron is THE SEQUENCER.

Why is the line between entry level and pro being drawn at SONGS. Like people who spend $700 on a drum machine don’t write songs.

1 Like

Cenk looks completely f****d in this video, as in very tired!

2 Likes

but you are complaining, about something that hasn’t even been finalized yet. you’ve made your point. wait n see what replaces it when it gets released, nothing else you can do.

1 Like

Many of us write and perform all of our songs without using song mode.

11 Likes

has anyone seen Cenk switch back to the previous state after using the Func button to change all at once? Kind of like the MD does? I keep seeing vids where he holds Func and changes all at once, but so far, I’ve yet to see him hit any key to return the entire “kit” to its original saved state.

in the demo unit / OS, there was no going back afaik

2 Likes

Oooh I’m complaining. I’m a bad consumer!