Introducing Digitakt

@AdamJay any news on that RYTM pack u mentioned?

All recorded.
Still compiling.

if its a chord you could change note 2,3,4 up an octave and it’ll do it quite quickly.
but if notes are locked then maybe you could try pitchbend , or tweak the synth you are triggering.

sloppy description incoming…

i dont own a nord drum but im considering one. im trying to figure if its possible to play into the digitakt sequencer from the pads, but then it should be midi sequenced… so as far as retaining the sounds/patterns played in, and NOT midi sequencing… well i dont get to play anything in from the nord drum pads without redoing it manually by sampling each instrument and the digtakt andusing its keys do i? any feedback is greatly appreciated… i used to be a drummer, so playing anything in will be VERY fast, but i dont want to run a leash to/midi sequence anything for live performance.

besides that, has anyone been midi sequencing a nord drum unit WITH the nord drum pads, playing into the digitakt sequencer?

as long as the pads on digitakt send note out messages, you should be fine, as you can assign note in values on the ND2.

albeit you won’t have velocity on the digitakt pads directly, you will have to sequence in velocity values after recording the notes.

in addition to velocity you will have CCs.

i use the extremely popular rhythm wolf :loopy: to sequence the nordrum2. it has velocity sensitive pads, sort of. but it can’t sequence CCs.

as to recording the external pads for ND2 on the digitakt, i don’t know… i don’t own digitakt.

P.S. another great option for sequencing AND recording norddrum MIDI data is octatrack.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

7 Likes

Very cute combi DT & Peak! :heart_eyes:

And this… ( for all those too busy / lazy to monitor their internet)
(also this guy is most splendid, check out his OP1 oeuvre)

11 Likes

I think you need to buy more gear…

3 Likes

Interesting story, kinda of what I went through.

I love this.

So, is it true that, if I would buy a second digitakt, I would have to buy overbridge premium twice??

I can understand this when buying different Elektron boxes (although it seems kind of strange to at the very least not give a discount), but asking customers to buy the same license twice?
Doesn’t seem ok…

1 Like

I reckon it may depend on if the license stays with the user or with the machine.

Time will tell.

Om most if not all software licenses you get more than 1 license to be able to install it on multiple computers.

In this case it would be just common sense to give another license to dedicated customers that buy a second machine of the same kind. Or at least a huge discount. Ah well… Time will tell.

2 Likes

Pretty much every DAW and vst plugin I have allows multiple installs varying from 2 to even 5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure Pirate Bay will have Overbridge so relax people.

1 Like

Regarding OB premium, you pay to get your machine unlocked. It’s per machine, so owning two DT’s means you have to buy it twice.

What happens behind the scene, which is a guess is that your machine’s either gets unlocked psychically (like some bit changed inside it) or that the serial number is stored somewhere and OB will check if your machine is unlocked (I hope this isn’t the case, online DRM sucks) and if it’s listed all options are available to you in OB.

1 Like

I understand and respect they de-coupled OB and made it a sepperate product you can buy, but paying full price for each machine beyond the first is pretty hard to swallow…

It varies from company to company. Waves and iZotope prohibit simultaneous use on multiple computers, but all of Audio Damage VST/AU/AAX are multiple installs, simultaneous.

The Kush Omega plug-ins I just bought use iLokLicenser… 2 simultaneous installs…