Introducing Digitakt

Yep. Same here. I think I want both though.

How I want to use them:

MPC = My main DAW in a box (multitracker for my synths, guitar, and bass; vocals); looper for guitar, bass and synths; practice tool for playing guitar and analyzing my timing; finger drumming; straightforward and powerful external sequencer with multiple midi ports (audio from external gear being sequenced will be run back in for recording); loads of sampling time so perfect for vocals or long samples; polyphonic chromatic sampling (chords)

Digitakt = creative and simple sampler for manipulating audio in ways that the MPC doesn’t lend it to; quick step style drum sequencing and pattern creation with little menu diving (so perfect for getting ideas for tracks going); sequencer for external gear in a way that the MPC doesn’t lend itself to (trigs, probability, parameter locks, etc).

Edit: I think both are going to be classics.

1 Like

In the Videos it is said that you can get the 8 Tracks into the Daw via Overbridge. But how about the Effect returns/MasterChannel. Is there an Overbridge track for that too?

if Im not mistaken DT uses usb 2.0 and can handle more than 8 tracks but they haven’t released the final figures yet as they were currently testing the bandwidth.
id be hopeful it’s OB might have both master channel and inputs L & R. seems logical and very possible.
I dunno about fx channel tho. I doubt it.

1 Like

I would assume we get the Master Channel where the Effects are routed to and the 8 tracks seperate. I hope so at least.

Maybe this is the reason for the mono only sample capabilities? Hoefully this will allow all 8 mono tracks plus fx, master and inputs tracks. That’s 14 tracks!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?

Trig-less trigs that activate according to certain conditions already exist in the newer machines.

Now, if there was a way to enable p-locks on an active trig conditionally, that would be NextLevel.png! I think that’s what phaelam was talking about.

Imagine a trig on step 14. You want it to sound each time it’s triggered, but you only want the p-lock (say, filter value of 23) active every 4:4 loops.

I’m already blown away by the variety I get from one pattern with conditional-trigs. Combine them with conditional-p-locks!?! I need a cold shower.:shower:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Electronics ban on flights. >:-(

Maybe you could have your normal trigger in step 14, your conditional p-locked one on step 15 and adjust microtiming to have it close to step 14?

5 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

If so, I’m not sure why Elektron have said it is impossible to implement all ten tracks on the RYTM. I would anticipate the DT being bound by the same limitations.

Higher bandwidth USB was causing noise problems (or something similar) in the analog machines so they went with a low bandwidth option that didn’t create those problems. I’m not sure where, but I’m pretty sure I saw from an Elektron employee that higher bandwidth USB is being used on the Digitakt because it doesn’t interfere with the performance of the unit

3 Likes

That sounds positive for DT/OB users

search this thread for “bandwidth”
Keep an eye out for posts from Elektron employees…

bingo:

3 Likes

That response seems a bit strange - surely they must be implementing all 10 channels? Eight individual plus stereo master? There are only ten channels on offer and it seems unlikely they would implement nine.

More than 10 on offer if you count input streams from both external inputs.

Again, it all remains to be seen. But USB bandwidth is full USB 2.0 spec, and not USB 1.1 like AR/A4/AK/AH.

4 Likes

which is what they did with the Octatrack back at the time. And people went crazy because of that :wink:

really, the octatrack release was another story, and not a nice one honestly.
…absolutely not to mention the Manual ( see my username) which has had to do ALOTS with the confusion people had.
The Manual was plain crap. A big junk of it totally unusable…speaking of things that were not there while other features have been there but not mentioned in the manual.
not to mention the whole in big words advertised “looper functionality thing”.
Really, i´m not afraid to see a DT that has to grow some by some updates…
but then: shurely better for the company to hold back and release the DT when it has reached a certain stage…

In any case, the state of the Manual will have its importancy !!
i´d not screw that one

2 Likes

trackers rule :sunglasses:

Simon was sayin some of the elektron lads coded trackers back in the day :slight_smile:

Dt feels like it was tailor made for me too, I can’t wait to get it

1 Like

I really miss the old tracker style song modes of the older boxes. I have never really been able to connect with the song modes of the analog series

1 Like