Introducing Digitakt

Oh, and a quick question- I searched the forum for peoples experiences with Overbridge, and found quite a bit of problems with it in the early stages, but was wondering how Overbridge works now? Anybody want to share their experiences for a soon to be new Elektron customer? (Actually, just remembered, I had the original MD when it came out, but that was years ago)
Thanx

I finally got the money to buy the DT. I’m super excited about it and I believe it will be a great partner for the spectralis.

My only concern I have and I haven’t heard much about it, is the inclusion of trigless trigs. It’s such a remarkable feature of the other machines, I hope in the quest of simplicity or trade off for the conditional trigs, it doesnt stay out. PLEASE ELEKTRON consider keeping the Trigless Trigs! Its such a brilliant feature for dance music, such powerful modulator. I will buy the machine regardless but please consider!

Search this thread for trigless trigs. DT has them

what are trigless trigs?
I am an Elektron noob

Monomachine Manual Pg 59

MM was first Elektron to have trigless trigs.

See also:
OT Manual Pg 80
A4 Manual Pg 30
AR Manual Pg 38

6 Likes

Nevermind… found this thread. Trigless trigs look very powerful indeed. Very happy the DT has them.

1 Like

Also to mention, as regards the english wording of the manual, for the sake of clarity, it should read “you need to insert a trigless trig instead”, rather than “first”, as that implies that a regular trig should be inserted second.

When in fact all that is required is a trigless trig, to then hold and make a trigless lock (a parameter lock, p-lock, for all intents and purposes) of some parameter or other without trigging the amplitude envelope.

Not sure if it was asked or answered before, but as the longest sample time in Digitakt is several minutes (64MB), how do I get a long sample (vocal or solo track for example) to play in its entirety if I put it on a pattern? How do I prevent the sample from being retriggered every time the 64 step pattern loops?

1 Like

From what I understand just use a condition trig 1/4.
So the sample will only trigger once every 256 steps…

That doesn’t sound like a very good solution. 256 steps is still limiting, especially if the tempo is high.

A better solution would be if a trig could be set to play the sample in its entirety before any other trigs on that track would register.

But thats so great!! I didn’t ear a word on all those videos on YT, and you know sometimes thats a bad sign…

Thank you Electron for such a great machine.

You’re going to hate the alternative suggestion - get an OT!

Digitakt is first and foremost a drum computer. It’s unreasonable to expect it to play long samples without a work around.

4 Likes

You are correct, I hate that suggestion :slight_smile:

It would be nice to know official specifications regarding sample length, playback etc. Then it would be easier to decide what to buy.

1 Like

Is someone knows how many samples slots are available in the internal memory ?

About three fitty

3 Likes

On a 64 step sequence have the trig condition set to 1%, albeit this is rather random in terms of which pass will initially trigger your sample. Perhaps don’t start with a trig condition to ensure it plays once on 1st pass then change it immediately during the initial 64 step seq to 1%.

Prolly a rubbish suggestion, just saying.

1 Like

Sounds to me like the specs are in: 64 mb for project total @16 bit mono-8 track. The question is, can the DT do one shot trigs? I’d be surprised if conditional trigs attempt to do the duties that one shots are better for.

There is a TRC which only plays on the first pass … so it’s akin to a oneshot

4 Likes

got an email from guitarguitar, word from their supplier is ‘towards the end of the month’

1 Like

I wonder how quickly can one reset it. I have just the OT’s one shots for comparison, but I guess a first pass condition would suffice for most things.