Introducing Digitakt

Yeah I agree. It seems like they wanted to make it very simple to use and they’ve done a good job there. But instead of making some (what some people thought were) previously complicated functions (or entirely new features) simpler, they just cut them out entirely :frowning: Missed opportunity IMO. As it currently stands at least. No way of knowing what they’ll add over time I guess. Could be a great little box if they go crazy on the OS updates.

Hah, good point :blush:

1 Like

Since midi is still being implemented, I’d like to throw out a suggestion. I hope the knobs will assignable for controlling ext. gear. (And possibly nameable)

2 Likes

yeh, guess so. guess the simpler/cheaper elektron in the dt will help a lot of gear heads get into the elektron way of things, which is good overall.

1 Like
1 Like

Only ram, 64MB per project.
They didn’t mentioned arpegio.
No Timestretch, but you should be able to use lfo on start, li’e on AR (interesting for OT too) :

1 Like

From this video it still looks like knobs have the same old ridiculous ‘million rotations’ vibe? I hate how that feels in use. Thought Void said earlier that if you move it fast it moves like a ‘normal’ knob?

Trimming sample start/end per track isn’t really the same as traditional slices on one track? With slices on OT etc you can slice and then ‘play’ the slices ‘chromatically’ in live Rec mode. Doesn’t look like that would be possible on DT?

No, BUT you can take a slice and EFFECT THE START AND END POINTS!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You can get around this play sample slices and appears on one track through a quick resample

Ha ha! I’m excited too. I knew I should’ve preordered one!! Damnit…

10 Likes

Excellent video, Cuckoo. Excellent approach and style definitely presented the strengths of this the best (the font narration was a nice touch as well)

3 Likes

Cuckoo. Surely with the amount of people you have helped decide to buy digitakt with that video (me included) they would hook you up a unit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I dig your positivity :slight_smile: But sounds like ballache workaround for basic (traditionally ‘fun’) functionality, thought DT was meant to make everything quick/easy :wink: Dunno why they didn’t just throw it in there…

1 Like

If Cuckoo doesn’t receive units on the flow from Elektron then they basically suck. That dude has done a LOT for them. Drawing a parallel to skateboarding, he’d have been on the team long ago…

5 Likes

Oh, if it gets a midi arpeggiator I’m so in.

They should throw an arpeggio straight on the sample tracks. A lot of fun on OP1. OT midi loopback method works OK but for workflow just throw it in as a sample track feature.

3 Likes

If that master function has freeze delay I’m sold(though there’s no likely way(given the layout of this thing) that that could be included.

1 Like

it’s just the way Cenk does it from years & years of playing…
I too did it like that on DT even after realizing it isn’t necessary!

3 Likes

looking forward to what you come up with, when u get one. A+ live reporting cuckoo.

1 Like

hey void, is there a release all in addition to the control all? like once u release a button everything goes back to normal ?

1 Like