Introducing Digitakt

Would be great if it has the Dynamix compressor from the MD or something similar.

That would make it the first external sampler from Elektron without resampling. I’d be surprised if it didn’t have it.

If it doesn’t sample its own output it would pretty much be redundant for me.
I’d bet money that it will though!

So, anyone idea of release date?

1 Like

You could do the same type of internal resampling that you could do via MDUW. Reverse a riff, resample different sound tweaks. I could go on, but I haven’t explored the resampling capabilities in the MDUW/OT enough

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Companion gear for Digitakt

Like Kelis’s milkshake :dancers:

Damn right!

No, you havent missed something :wink: I just expect it to have Resampling Capabilities because a) the Octatrack has Resampling Capabilities and the Digitakt is an “Octatrack Lite” and b) because it would totally make sense :wink:

Tbh - i dont care. If it doesnt have Resampling im fine too. Its still an awesome MIDI-Sequencer!

@AikiGhost - can you Multitrack MIDI on those MPCs? Do they have a great sequencer? Pattern oriented? I never used MPCs, just heard that they are more geared towards the Finger Drummers out there and that their sequencer needs … time to get used to. I had an MC909 once and the Sequencer of this one was Piano-Roll like and far from being comfortable. It took a few steps to enter/edit Notes there. Thats not intuitive i think.

Now im curious there YOU got that information from :slight_smile: Does it really resample?

I dunno, but if it doesn’t it would be the first Elektron until that live sampled and didn’t resample

yeah, true. But the price tag is indeed quite low, so maybe we should really not expect it? Whatever :slight_smile:

They changed the Homepage; Digitakt isnt on the Front Page anymore. Do we finally get some Videos? We need them :smiley:

Some of the promo material says it has
“audio tracks”. Will it be able to play back full five to ten minute stereo backing tracks, straight from the hard disk? I’ve read most of this thread and still have no idea. My assumption is no, but if it could, it would make the prospect much more appealing.

Most of the older MPCs each sequence can be up to 999 bars in length can have many layers each of which control the output on a separate midi track (16 or 32 depending on MPC model and number of physical midi out ports) and can be muted, layered, send midi CCs etc.

On the older MPCs the minutia of midi editing could be time consuming (especially without JJOS) and if you messed up a live recording it would often be easier to erase the just recorded section and re-play it in again, but on the newer ones like touch its a lot easier.

I suspect the new MPC live & X midi control and editing will be top class.

1 Like

ok. New MPC Live has the TS, yeah. As i saw some vids about it they just tapped on screen where the Note has to be and it was done. Right, thats nice and intuitive. But MPC Live is 1000+ € :wink: And if it is a hassle on the old MPCs - like you said - the Digitakt will still be the better alternative, as its just faster to place/edit the Steps. We all know that :slight_smile:

I’m not really expecting anything. Money’s low and this isn’t high enough on my list to fully consider

1 Like

I don’t see this as a vs situation. In honesty the elektron stuff is loop oriented, if you don’t make loop oriented music and want plenty of midi control and the ability to do massively long patterns choose the MPCs as IMHO they are quite simply a better option for non loop oriented music. I mean lets be honest here my 10 year old MPC1000 is far more capable as a midi sequencer than anything Elektron have ever released, midi is not elektrons strong suit and I’m saying this as someone who has owned literally everything they have ever released at one point or another (still have an A4, AK and AR right now)

5 Likes

Of course nobody knows and I could be wrong but I think it will be able to resample…

I noticed a function of the page button is “fill”. Sounds performative. I’m intrigued :wink:

I suppose it’s like the rytm where you have fill as a condition for trigs, which only play when the button is pressed…

2 Likes