Introducing Digitakt

Sample Import/Export Menu?

It does make sense if you grew up as a “normal, old-fashioned musician” who is used to being able to tell yourself or others “play 8 bars, put a fill on the last one, then we change” not “play four bars twice or play some other number of bars repeated using function keys, and we’ll have to think retroactively about how to apply the fill into this process.” Compositionally and in the moment it’s not the same thing, and the decisions you make subsequently in your creative process are affected by how you hear the loop you’re currently working with. I don’t understand why in 2017 I can’t have an 8-bar loop (well, I can, but I need to leave Elektron apparently).

Or use pattern chain mode, which has been on Elektron machines since 2001.
You can have 8 bars.

And while DT may or may not have this feature, the fact is Elektron’s solution, for the last 16 years, is chain mode. It’s sole purpose is to give users loops of more than 4 bars.
Which is what you want.

2 Likes

still not making sense… im also a “normal, old fashioned musician” - you can easily make an 8 bar loop by chaining 2 loops together, and you can record into the empty, chained patterns in real time - just like any other “old fashioned musician” who actually plays and records things live… so you can record an 8 bar loop in real time extremely easily and all it takes is one more press of a button, in the same mode, same function, etc… its so very easy - unless you are determined to not see it that way, then there will never be anyway to tell you otherwise but frankly thats not my concern

im just stating the facts

:expressionless: Sounds good guys!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sthlm elektronauts meet 2017

Well that tease of the digitakt was an anti climax :slight_smile:

Anyone get any more info or a hands on?

There was no offical tease. If you where there you got a little peek. Nothing more than NAMM.

1 Like

I assume the Digitakt wasn’t played at all?.

It looks to be all wired up here, would have been a shame for it to sit there quiet?. Sure looks like the Master Volume dial is being tweaked there… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There was a quick little Q&A as well, but most of the questions that popped up I have addressed in the FAQ earlier in this topic.

… We might have played just a tiny teensy bit with the sample engine - but no recording allowed. :wink:

We constantly tweak things in the OS, so we will
not show anything in depth before it’s ready.

8 Likes

Even more intriguing!!!

Looking forward to the upcoming reveal.

:cb:

4 Likes

So there are other engines…

1 Like

No.

7 Likes

:smile: cannot blame man for trying :wink:

5 Likes

Simon I think you may have said mid April but is there any idea when a finished product will be out for some videos and demos?

Also I take the shipping date of 31st march some shops are advertising is wrong? And it will be later

Thanks, nik

Nice try!

1 Like

If only we could email sodium pentathol eh?

1 Like

Does the sample engine include a sample editor page?
It seems there’s an option to choose various ways in which the sample play/loops.
Also one-shot > fwd and reverse?
Is it possible to change the incoming sound on the fly (via the stereo input) or is it only possible to change the sound after being sampled?
So there’s only a sample engine, that’s clear now. But can we expect multiple sample engine’s, each with it’s own character?

Looking forward to your answers, have fun tweaking that thing!

2 Likes

Everyone is so happy in that picture… :totes:

3 Likes