Introducing Digitakt

i would have preferred some colorful pads like on rytm, without the numbers… that would have raised the cost for sure though.

I hope ya can record the polyphonic midi in real time via playing chords for example, rather than having to add the extra notes per step via p-locks type thing like the days of old.

3 Likes

Yes, interesting comparison, as long ago, I wondered about the ESX with the tube, etc. One major thing that I’d consider though is that the DT can live sample, the ESX can’t.

1 Like

If it’s any indication of the design language for products to come, I’m super excited! Those buttons seem nicer than the archaic clunky grey buttons on the AR, A4, OT, etc. Though I admit the current buttons have a bogus mechanical keyboard character. It’s rather charming.

1 Like

And most of all they are pretty solid :smiley:
There’s a feeling to it, you just know it will work for ages.

Rytm pads are not perfect, but I would have liked that Elektron keep digging in the same direction for new gear.
Some pads à la McMillen’s QuNeo would have been great : it’s extremely resistant, sensitive, and you can switch from grid mode (each corner does its own thing) to beat mode.

I enjoy using Rytm pads for Mute/Scene/Perf, it’s a great UI.
And to hit a beat, well, it’s rather decent, you get used to hitting it quite hard, with two fingers. But this is the part they could have done better.

Now picture them larger, with a switch button so that corners replace the standard trigs… With 16 pads you get 64 trigs !

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trying to decide if the OT is right for me

Not sure if its been adressed yet but is Digitakt pronounced like “dig” a hole or like didgeridoo, or is digital pronounced differently in Sweden.

1 Like

Like “dig”

Dig it act…

All this talk of Digitakt has made me want an Octa even more.

4 Likes

This conversation is becoming to look like AudioFanzine ones :smile:

///

Can’t wait to read the manual of this little beast.

1 Like

Now I have Skinny Puppy stuck in my head.

4 Likes

I was not talking about vacuum, more about wordspiel ^^

But yeah, I see what you mean :smiley:

Yeah DIG IT

1 Like

Like a few im still undecided, to OT or to DT…

Overbridge and contrigs might be the key ingredients for me as I totally love it on the rytm.

Anyone planning on getting the DT while having an OT?

Any arguments besides the obvious gotta catch em all?

I’m waiting for the manual. :book:

me too . overexcited at it. depending of the specs, i can unload my mduw for a more modern seq!!
if not crippled somewhere, day one buyyyyy!

I just got an OT for this very purpose.

1 Like

I definitely have my eye on it. On the OT I end up using at least 4 tracks for drums and 2 as thru machines so I’m not left with much. It’d be great to have a device dedicated to drums that has some of the dope features of the RYTM without the depth and price tag. Right now I’m trying to make do with what I have but all it takes is a Cenk demo…

1 Like