Introducing Digitakt

Haha true, I personally prefer the Digitakt branding above the screen though. Maybe that will change, as you point out, the labelling and operational mechanics are still being worked through.

1 Like

Really like it! OB support with MIDI Editor should be fine.
I sold my octa last month because of the lack of MIDI producing. (Everytime I hate to write my midi notes on trigs) please do some editor thing for MIDI :sleepy:
Hope, there will be some poly…
Thanks Elektron

And please…
Midi Import :nerd:

1 Like

this image is likely to be a render , the highlight across the screen is a little too clean.
judging that render for pixel count on the screen may not be so accurate unless the shader/texture used was setup properly.

as there are no optional screen types, it seems a little pointless to discuss alternatives.
I’m quite sure it fulfils its function.

i noticed on a few other photos there are options for loop , start and end points , so it may do more than 1 shot sample triggering / pitch up/down. hopefully you can assign velocity to a few things too.

Thats exactly it. Boxes with few features / limitations require you to use more of them to achieve complexity when you need it. and this involves a lot of hassle (cables, getting everything in sync - the need for midi thru boxes, etc. etc.). the ideal Elektron Machine for me would be a combination of the Rytm, the A4 and the OT so that i can use everything at once !! I own all three of them but i barely manage to do some great jams on two of them at the same time - my brain is not able to handle it :smiley: i am WAY more creative when the machine im using offers the most one can get. keeping it nice and steady in one place. because i only have two hands …

Trig Conditions are great with the Digitakt but really - the more i think about it the more im not so keen on spending 630 € - just for that. because i have the OT already. the MPC Live however could be kind of a dream to come true. unless creating patterns in a step sequencer way is the same hassle it was on the Roland MC909 - which i sold 2 days after i bought it ^^ but lets hope its as easy as putting a step into the sequencer where you need it - like you said @Callofthevoid

Im waiting for Musikmesse to try those things out. Lets see if Elektron is also there. Atm i cant find them in the list …

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rytm & Strom - Does anyone know if Strom is compatible with iOS 10?

While a chromatic mode appears to be present, a personal wish is for polyphonic voice allocation and pitch tracking LFOs. While this strays outside the ‘drum computer & sampler’ brief, it would potentially make the Digitakt a mighty fine little synth with some single cycle wave files on board. :ecstatic:

3 Likes

With no synth options , I won’t be buying it
I’ll stick with the ar, sds and ableton
For those who buy it , enjoy the new elektron - it should be fun👍

1 Like

there might be a synth. we really don’t know enough yet.

different functionality on one machine, can increase the difficulty of working with different machines at the same time.
if a machine has les functions, it will be easier to work with different machines.

this, combined with the expensiveness of the machines, which decreases the amount of people that will step in…

is a reason to make a full integrated line of new machines… all simple but together feeling like one machine… Easier to step in and get addicted to buy them all, easier to play them all together as one machine.

There probably isn’t.

I think he means ‘function for function’? Ie you can use one voice on a 12 voice synth, you can’t use 12 voices on a one voice synth. And so on…

Rings pretty true to me? :wink:

Your comment also kind of suggests some people shouldn’t waste any money on new gear ever again if everything can do everything, depending on who’s using it :wink: personally I find most ‘workarounds’ vibe killers. I just want to do what I want to do and move on as quick as poss. Not have to resample and pitch in 4 separate pitches to 4 separate tracks just to play a sample as a chord for instance. Tedious…

1 Like

AR and OT are not poly but you can use a channel splitter like Midipal to play up to eight voices.
Don’t forget DT is drum oriented.

1 Like

True, of course additional voice allocation options for the AR would also be nice. Who knows, with hints of more machines to come maybe my FM and wavetable dreams will come true. :heat:

Maybe the sampler will have “Lfo Fm” like the Analog Series…

Had they included a battery and CV IO the takt would have been of significantly more interest to Trinity owners, and head & shoulders above SP404sx and MPC500. But I guess there is a tight cost model involved to price it at 1/2 the other machines.

That said I wonder is it a 6v machine? Otherwise a 5.5v portable 2600 USB power pack might be an option (or even a smart add-on from elektron)?

If it turns out to be crammed with fx like Sp404/555 and as quick/fun I’d prob be interested. Feel like those boxes get way under-used here but I can’t bring myself to sell em cos nothing else feels quite as instant/has same mojo…

That’s why i edited it.

Yes in fact that was as so easy as that :wink: at least, firstly i think everyone will understand. it was not a judgement just a bit of child math. which don’t mean people can’t use an easy machine in a surprising way of course.

1 Like

Envelopes are dynamics processors.

What you said is interesting also (a part for your reaction to what i said) because i read that a lot.
Why would you like to make a great jam on three of those (if it’s already a great jam on 2 of those). Why people who have (X) . Machine want to be on everyone at the same time ? it’s strange to me… There’s a lot of very nice Live where the performer not tweaking every machine at the same time. And some of those are controlled and more or less never touched (there in the setup just to get that particular sound)

People sold machine because of that.

As i said you can use Analog Rytm, Octatrack, Analog Four, Analog Heat an easier manner… (cf. My statement) And with Time the complexity and what the complex machine have to offer, gives you many things to exult your creativity. Complexity must not be Something that slows down or scares…

(But i not talking about structure of the machine which is not exactly the same between OT / AR-A4-AH, that you need to know it perfectly to not loose something… and save, save, save, backup, backup it’s important on every electronic device.)