Introducing Analog Heat MKII

Oh right. Didn’t know that.

For sure. Who knows what future updates could bring though

Yea I don’t see how a new AH affects the AH you already own.

My Analog Heat works the same as it did before the mk II dropped.

2 Likes

…and if you’re a Dieter Rams fan, you might like the look of the MK1 even more, now.

1 Like

New Os for MKI and MKII. I can’t download MKI update file.

Analog Heat

List of changes from OS 1.02 to 1.10
Improvements
[MKII] Real-time vu-metering, LFO, Filter, and Envelope visuals are now available on the main
screen.
Bug fixes
A footswitch could not trigger the envelope.
CV and pedal levels that are above the configured Max level did not clip.
[/quote]

I still have a doubt about improvements for MKI…
Only Switch / CV / Pedals improvements ?
Still No midi message to trigger the envelope ?

What is the difference between “triggering the envelope” and modulating the “ENV Threshold” to 0 every time you want it triggered?

Send midi CC16 Env Threshold 0 value is a workaround I used, sending 127 value before, but it is not very convenient to send 2 values, and therefore you can’t use Env Threshold…

Anything about MKI improvements ?

Don’t know a thing about Elektron’s internal organization – but this is simply a hardware update… Overbridge is a software product. It makes sense that this could be developed with little or no distraction for the software guys.

An update like this likely either has to do with a high level of technical failure of the original buttons (such that to save money on tech support they thought it preferable to upgrade the buttons, and while doing so decided to make some other hardware improvements), or to standardize hardware components across products.

BTW my Digitakt has already had a button fail – not electronically ,but it sticks physically in the down position. So that’s why my mind wandered to that aspect of the new Heat.

Should have added reverb, delay and bit reduction/SSR.
Would have been a worthy upgrade then

2 Likes

Overbridge is a software product that interfaces the hardware directly. I am pretty sure the ”software guys” need to know about the hardware too when developing OB.

Elektronauts mk2 please. User controlled. Better inputs and outputs.

If they were making changes to the hardware to accommodate software problems that would be true. Since the hardware is set and in most cases already in our studios, there’s nothing left for the hardware guys to do. In any case the kind of hardware design & engineering that has to do with implementing new knobs and buttons wouldn’t have anything to do with Overbridge at all.

There are software changes in Heat mk2 too - from the news: ”There is also additional visual feedback on the Amp, Filter, Envelope and LFO pages that makes overview and understanding of sound processing and modulation a whole lot easier.”

You think the hardware guys did that?

Woke??!
Jesus, everyone thinks they’re the fool on the hill these days.

Still, you might be right.

1 Like

No wonder the analog heat dropped in price so much at a shop.
3 days ago ive bought mine for 499 euro, and had the thought Elektron might introduce the mk2 .
It was the last one in stock.

And see here it is, and am glad there are not so many changes and am very happy with the mk1.
Only thing i hope is they fix a bug with over bridge, it disconnects trough usb a lot and have the AH running on a powered 3.0 usb hub. (which i think is the same as overhub? or what is you guys experience?

this all i can agree with and am standing on the same side of the discussion. i just have a kneejerk reaction when someone is trying to stretch a straightforward issue into a political discussion. there is too much of that as it is.

i will tell you why it feels off though:
with the MKII you have gear that is undoubtedly a nicer experience but marginally so. at the same time as our MKI are depreciating quite a bit. ebay and co are flooded with MKI.
the absurdity comes from the fact that the MKII have actually lesser funtionality without OB, so we come to a situation where one is paying more money for less features atleast atm. this is just a bizarre selling proposition, and its all due to the OB delay.

so for a MKI owner, that wants to get MKII, its a lose-lose scenario. my older gear loses value and the newer gear is missing a key feature. while expected, every new MKII release reminds me off that fact, hence the salt.

2 Likes

not sure you are reading my comment right. i am saying this “appeasement” is not in fact the case, and you can keep the snark too.

its great that an OLED screen rocks your boat, i´d rather stay with one that has OB.
so actually the MKII is a massive downgrade as it is atm.

1 Like

?

i actually thought this is the time to get a second MKI. where on earth did you find it for 500?
its 630 over here. 500€ would be an insanely good price.

where did i lose you?
the MKI has overbridge, the MKII does not. with AH this difference is most pronounced since the product is apparently not being advertised as having a sound card.

i will say, just saw now the OB beta is out it seems so i can eat my arguments and finally go out and get digitone.
all is finally well.