Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I guess I don’t follow. I’m not interested in the RYTM MKI after owning it twice, but I find the MKII way more appealing because of the new design with OLED screen, new buttons and encoders; but most imortantly, the ability to sample, and better edit samples (higher resolution).

I also find the A4 MKII interesting just for the possibility of sounding different from the A4; I’m still reserving judgement with regards to that, but I definitely find the new hardware far more appealing.

1 Like

good news for those going for the MK2. its $1499 at Sweetwater, not the higher suggested price Elektron hinted

3 Likes

It has always been slightly more expensive to buy from elektron direct IME

I finally figured out what was so odd feeling about this color scheme… It is a perfect match to my 90’s Roland MC-505.

1 Like

it’s 1699 at Thomann, Music Store and Stars Music (FR) / 1680 at juno

Please :3lektron:, the more i think to it and the more i would :heart: IT…
Resample with Pre / Post Compressor… Damn how nice it would be if to resample internally master post compressor :elan: :heat:

Killer feature

4 Likes

Bit the bullet and got one of the last MK I A4 units on Thomann. 899 new, pretty good deal! Looks like there’s gonna be a few more units coming into them later this month if other Elektronauts were thinking of doing the same.

1 Like

It’s confirmed that the A4 mkI has been discontinued now

Where did you see that?

I bought them all worldwide to sell at a profit soon haha

No, this was taken from Elektron Facebook page posted today

“Our good buddy’s at Krake Festival are raffling off one of the very last Analog Four MKI’s at Krake Label Boutique 2017. Don’t miss out on this awesome festival!”

2 Likes

Delighted I got mine when I did so!

Will likely mean no more OS updates :expressionless:

The emergence of an essentially identical successor suggests that statement makes no practical sense. On the other hand one could argue that the A4 has reached a state of completeness, in any case, there will be bug fixes and possibly minor tweaks

The hope for a big update was already optimistic before the MKii announcement imho

The MKii announcement, if anything, strengthens that case for hope, there’s more incentive for Elektron to be seen to improve their flagship synth (there’s no reason that the os updates would be exclusive)

just my take

5 Likes

Even if it doesn’t receive any more feature updates, I think it’s worth recalling the number of substantial feature updates it has had since its introduction.

Crikey it was little more than 4 mono synths when I first got it

4 Likes

I pretty agree too, there’s no sense… in the statement no more update. The enhancements are not that huge (i mean enhancements are super welcome and i really like it, Enough to do the hardware upgrade to mkII) But it’s not a complete rewriting, so there’s more than just “chance” to see big updates matching MK1 and MK2 with the same update file.

As we can see for the old one a lot on elektron download page :
OS compatible with all Machinedrum versions.
Compatible with all Monomachine versions.

So i don’t see this changing. And i think we’ll see some new Synth machine coming for the RYTM as there’s few unique model where that should be good to have at least 2 model to work with. (Like Clap for instance…) a bit of speculation there… of course… :stuck_out_tongue:

just my wishes …

EDIT :
(Speaking accordingly to the thread here : Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII
so i’m not commenting regarding the OT MKII here)

1 Like

true that, then it got poly, OB, unlocked audio interface, fm-type synthesis, conditionals, etc. Huge really

its also solid as a rock

edit: would def love to see the Rytm get one more update though as it’s newer. Just tweaks to sample transfer, retrig quantize, and any other surprises we don’t expect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For OT, they announced using the same OS so bugfixes are more likely. For the other boxes, no mention of continued OS. Please let me know if you have heard otherwise.

There were some bugs introduced that coincided with latest OB release, these should be resolved alongside other obvious ones.

1 Like

there have to be somewhat significant updates, at least to the UI code of both A4/AR, to support the new UI surface & 128x64px display.

I would guess tho that there will be more than just that…

1 Like

Agreed, Im referring to Mk1’s specifically. I of course hope they do continue to provide OS updates even though they are discontinued.