Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

When there are none left at Thomann, then 899 won’t be the price to beat. The second hand market will only have to compete with thomanns prices for as long as thomann have stock. If/when there are no new stock of MK1 available anywhere well then the 2nd hand price of a MK1 will only have to compete with the 2nd had price of Mk2 which could potentially be more than 899

2 Likes

I’ll pass this release and wait 'till MKIII coming. Seems like a new controller with just the same software uuuuh hardware under the hood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. It is not the availability of MK2 that determines the price of Mk1

It is the availability of MK1 that determines the price of MK1

1 Like

just an fyi that might not be obvious; contemporary electronic musical instruments are not the best form of financial investments

6 Likes

Virus would be a good example.
Models over 10 years old are still strong. Not $3000 strong but about 30% less for well documented machines.
Elektrons are highly regarded and once MK1 stock vanishes used prices will go up a bit till the MK2s start showing up second hand. My bet is $750-850 territory.
TO add, if the MK2s wont offer significant differences demand for MK1 will clean second hand market which will leave a gap and price hike again.
All speculation of course.

1 Like

With mk1 there is the problem with durability, especially with displays (seems the displays will only last couple of years at best before going bad). This was one of the important fixes in mk2. I think we will see mk1 going used for around 500 quite soon.

Screen replacement is $60. Not something I’m concerned about.
But if they go for $500 I know I’ll buy me some more to add to the setup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They could announce the Analog Keys mk II

Well some of you might know i like to give things for free :wink:
So i offering you my wallpaper of the Day ! ENJOY it it’s FREE yeah you read WELL :stuck_out_tongue:
And honestly i can do better in term of wallpaper … another day for the piece of Art i promise !

if you think it’s an animated GIF like the child playing with his flashlight, nope it’s your laptop energy saver who played you :wink:

1 Like

why are you spreading all this wrong information? I’ve owned my AR for 3+ years and my LCD is fine. It wasn’t an important fix and only a small batch of units exhibited this behavior. 500? Mate, this isn’t behringer

edit again: sorry for the personal slight @lemons it was uncalled for

8 Likes

Nonsense. If this were accurate the forums would be flooded with issues for every AR, A4, AK and OT since they all share the same LCD and some of those have been have been out much longer. Any display can have problems and go bad. I’ve seen one report of a DT screen issue. It happens and can be fixed.

All this doom and gloom is just over the top.

4 Likes

Is it really so hard to argue with arguments instead of getting personal? I provided a link with multiple reports of the screen failing, so there obviously are issues for some. It was not “wrong information” and had nothing to do with me owning a synth with a fan (which I have no issues with btw).

I have owned AK and A4 and while I didn’t have issues with screen going bad (yet), the viewing angles were awful. So the screen upgrade was needed in more ways than one.

I have the feeling, this forum is changing.
not so much talk about making music
cool topics stay almost empty
ideas are not as interesting as it used to be…

many people complain
many people talk about buying gear (in stead of developing music making skills)

My idea about MK2…
for both it fits 100% to what I want
Indeed, the size is pretty big
but that can also give space to my brain when working on it

and I just ordered Rytm MK2
and I am afraid before it is 2018 I will have A4 MK2 too…
:slight_smile:

10 Likes

I agree. I’m fairly new on this forum but it seems there’s not much love/appreciation/feedback given over on the “our music” page. That’s why we all buy this gear, to make music. I know this isn’t soundcloud or youtube but it surprises me that hardly anyone listens to or comments on the actual music being shared here.

3 Likes

The best way to reduce trolling is to ignore it, if you folk flag overtly trolling or fake-news posts we won’t be especially inclined to make a case to save the post from automatic community justice.

In this case it’s a matter of exaggeration & spinning something to fit a theory … in most cases afaicr the screen issues were prevalent amongst a minority who were not using their devices for a long time and the situation was recoverable, so nothing inevitable about it

For me there’s infinitely more sense in this from a viewing angle perspective, and also in terms of having a screen which can compete with the bright pads around it … the new screen is larger, so its a new decision part wise, not an enhancement part wise whilst it obviously is on many levels feature wise

Saying that analog gear of this quality will generally shift for $500 is just naive or bait, but it’s just an opinion

In any case referencing a user’s other gear choices is no better or relevant, nor is hating on companies as a whole … it’s hard to argue against there being a place for companies who make gear reachable, but the wholesale design plagiarism is hard to admire … not a criticism to be levelled at the gear in question

this is why the community has to do its bit and ignore/flag the stuff which drags the vibe down, hopefully it’ll then get progressively less frequent, otherwise it puts off the type of positive/constructive users you need to have around to help those interested in discovering other ways to use their gear or find solutions etc

when all the release news has passed it’ll probably get a bit better in any case, seems to be a trend

1 Like

Monomachine had no MK2 with superior features

Why should this be a forum just about music? A thread like this one provides a platform to discuss all sorts of implications the introduction of the ARmk2 and A4mk2 brings to the table. Anticipating on which new devices or OB functionality might come in the near or distant future, what kind of price effects the introduction of new gear could have on second hand markets, and discussing how one could combine new gear with existing gear, to me is also very interesting.

To me that’s a large part of what sets Elektron apart from other manufacturers!
One the one hand I think it’s because of the “deepness” of Elektron devices, and because of the P-locking which to me at least is unique. And on the other hand, it’s because Elektron, for as long as I follow them (I used to own an MNM mk1), was always really good in creating a “hype mystery” about forthcoming products.

Monomachine (2004)
Monomachine SFX60+ MKII (2010) : superior feature : +Drive, Snapshots, ability of the MkII to host user waveforms, has better signal-to-noise figures and balanced outputs.

If i made no mistake. :wink:

5 Likes

Nah, it’s just so many product releases lately and those are the ones that draw in all the major criticism that gets heavy. It’ll blow over… Besides, the forum is made from people that come and go, and people are always changing, so the forums always changing too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thought well and we must also not misunderstand our way of talking among members of long dates without differentiating the relations with the new comers.

1 Like