Introducing ALAK

hey everyone :slight_smile:
after some time working on it, we are finally happy to announce that our first module is now ready and available for purchase on the website.
there will soon be videos to show what it is capable of and as usual, questions and comments are more than welcome.

15 Likes

…and this is a short video of it in ‘action’ :grin:

3 Likes

Looks good, be sure to post on muffwiggler / modulargrid

thanks @mekohler :slight_smile:
yeah…would have done that but i can’t actually…one needs to have enough posts before being able to post products…it happened already a while ago so i’ll have to wait for that i think :expressionless:

This sounds like a job for @Rusty \o/

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

You posting my home videos online again @guga?

:scream_cat: :laughing:

…aand here’s a short video that should tell a bit more about the module :thinking: :smile:

4 Likes

…aaand a quick jam :laughing:

3 Likes

High on my list

1 Like

some week-end updaatez :laughing:

…and now with more black screws :scream_cat:

2 Likes

today was shipping day (and photoshooting :laughing: )
we received the panels and the first few modules are now on their way

this version of the main board comes with an IC socket so, in case of anything, we’ll be able to send a replacement IC without having to get the entire module back (unless that’s required of course)

the manual will be ready shortly, so that by the time the modules are delivered it’ll be available.

this is it for just now and apologies for the delay, unfortunately there wasn’t much we could have done about it, thanks all for your patience :slight_smile:

5 Likes

post-easter update :slight_smile:
the remaining modules should be shipped in the next few days, those will come with the new and most probably final firmware (i needed to do a little revision :thinking: ) and for those who got the module already, we’ll take care of sending ‘replacement’ chips
chirps :laughing:

1 Like

…almost ready to go out the door :smiley:

i thought i would give a quick update on this as it’s been a quiet post for a while now: there will be some news most probably in the next month or so…just in case anyone was wondering :thinking: :slight_smile:

1 Like

time for an update :slight_smile:
the chips with the new firmware will be shipped soon so please do get in touch in case there’s been any change of address.
thanks

1 Like

there’re still few ALAKs available before the next batch :smiley:

…and shipped :smiley: instructions on how to replace the old chip with the new one will be available on the website

2 Likes

Glad to see you involved in more hardware, guga. Cool!

1 Like