Intellijel Plonk

Anyone use Plonk, thinking it might be good sample food for DK.

Yeah I have it!
I want to sample it into the DT but without a way to back up the samples I get put off, sampling/recording it first then transferring/re-sampling seems to miss the whole fun of sampling into the DT.

Plonk is fantastic though and I think perfect for the DT with its loop trickery.

I’ve only used plonk in my modular so far, really really happy with it, it sits firmly between MI Elements and the Nord Drum 2 soundwise. The kit function is genius and well implemented, using cv to switch between presets so you can program a beat, and having essentially 2 sounds overlapping leads to some nice little effects when executed properly.

I’m planning to sample it using only the randomise function, no user input whatsoever as a jump off point, a bit like having random ingredients and trying to cook a meal with it!

Not whacked it through the Heat yet so must give that a whirl soon!

1 Like

Check this topic:

"sits firmly between MI Elements and the Nord Drum 2 soundwise" that sounds very good, just what I want :wink:
has a pretty good low end by all reports!

Oh yeah, beefy bass booty!
Not as thick or heady as I’ve got from the ND2 yet but not been in the deep end as much, spending more time at the metallic end so far but I’m sure time will reveal all.
It’s defo a keeper though, glue it in the rack!
If you are trying to decide whether or not to get one then there really isn’t much I could think of to dissuade you, just be careful you don’t get tempted to buy more!

I just ordered a slightly bigger Monorocket case and Plonk is one of the modules I picked up to put in that new extra space. Curious to see if it balances menu-diving with immediacy in a satisfying way, because I try to leave the sub-menus for the OT and the modular for immediacy. BUT, it was too intriguing :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s really easy, to be honest I don’t even really notice the menu diving, it’s very quick to set up and equally to change.
I have Braids which is also very quick but Plonk is not as deep with the shortcut buttons.
Enjoy!

1 Like

It sounds great, but creating patches from scratch with it is a pain on the wrist, in my opinion. You need to press and turn that wheel so many times in a bit of a cramped position, so it starts hurting after a while. I’ve begun randomizing all parameters until I find something I quite like, and then sculpt from there, instead of always starting from scratch (which is what I usually do with stuff, for some reason). :slight_smile: