IConnectivity iConnect AUDIO2+ And AUDIO4+ difference?

Quick question: is there any difference between these two for hooking up Digitakt, iPad, laptop and midi keyboard controller.?
Can the 2+ do what 4+ can (not counting the extra inputs/outputs on 4+?)

Are they same in connecting? Or is there something extra in AUDIO4+?

Thanks

1 Like

I am pretty sure the only difference is the number of audio i/o.
There is a big difference between their iconnect midi + and mio midi interfaces but the audio ones are the same iirc.

1 Like

Someone was discussing difference few days ago in one of the iPad threads

1 Like

I don’t think the 2+ has enough connections for you…
It only has one din pair and no class compliant usb midi host port…
You’d be able to connect the iPad and computer but that only leaves the din pair for DT and your keyboard…
I guess you could plug the keyboard into the DT and the DT into the iconnect, but for me that kind of defeats the purpose of having a midi routing device…

The 4+ has a usb host port that you can attach a hub to and use usb midi devices…

Other differences are the 2+ can be bus powered, but requires a separate power adapter if you want it to last and also charge your iOS device… And of course two more inputs and outputs on the 4+…

There might be more differences too, but these are major…

4 Likes

It only has one din pair and no class compliant usb midi host port…
You’d be able to connect the iPad and computer but that only leaves the din pair for DT and your keyboard…
I guess you could plug the keyboard into the DT and the DT into the iconnect, but for me that kind of defeats the purpose of having a midi routing device…
The 4+ has a usb host port that you can attach a hub to and use usb midi devices

That is the difference between them. Thanks for clarifying.
… I read something about the difference somewhere, exactly as you are saying @Open_Mike , I new there was a reason why people with iPads use the AUDIO4+

Thank you all for your input.

3 Likes

I’d definitely grab the 4 if I were you… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to. :grinning:
I have to, because as far as I know, there is no way to connect iPad + PC + Digitakt to a single sound card and be able to control MIDI and audio back and forth.

1 Like

I have the ICA4+, it’s awesome. The USB host port is a major feature, don’t overlook it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its also great to remap midi channels if your device doesnt support it.One can use for example the novation circuit sequencer on any possible channel.

I’ve been using the ICM4+ and it’s been super trustworthy and fits the requirements of my rig…
I haven’t used an audio4+ but it seems the one most suited for your setup…
I would miss more din ports, but the ICM4+ requires an audio interface and computer running as well to hear the IPad, audio4+ seems like your one box solution…

1 Like

I know it more expensive but i had the ICA4+ and it’s really lack of gain to properly mixing with a comfortable headroom (sold it and i don’t recommend it anymore to people who need to mix themselves).

So i moved to ICM4+ with audio Pass thru for IOS configuration and routing so let’s say for MIDI and IOS purpose. And i have a Pro Audio interface (RME Fireface UC) without the extra FX and whatnot which i don’t really care… just a reliable audio interface with enough GAIN to Mixing well.
==> that way i’m sure to get every time updated drivers too.

2 Likes

Yes, I had noticed William speak of the gain so that’s why I clarified I’ve never actually used the audio 4…
Also for more info I just explained passthrough here:

2 Likes

Thanks again for all the feedback…and the informative write up @Open_Mike in the iPad link.

I am kind of opting for the audio device A4+ because I tried the ICM2+ and on Windows 10 had nothing but problems.
It asked me to install ASIO4ALL over my RME 9632, and I had conflicts with audio in Ableton. Anyway I lost patience with it and returned it.
It could have been my wrong use of it, i don’t know. I think on Mac it’s better.

My need is just to connect the few items so I can use them together, efficiently, nothing PRO about it (me). It’s my little home studio.

Cheers

1 Like

You’ll probably be fine with that and it’ll be easier… @William_WiLD is a flippin PRO!
Iconnectivity is coming out with new firmware and config software soon which is supposed to make everything more user friendly, but I don’t know if it will improve things for PC users… So far your right in that Macs are much more suitable, reliable, and efficient in an ICM4+ pass thru setup…

Edit: There’s a lot going on with iconnectivity right now, looks like they are working on new support and drivers for windows users, but as a Mac user I have not been following this…
More info can be found in the announcements section of the iconnectivity community forum…

2 Likes

I would say more than I’m in since the age of 15 and I have almost 41(flippin long home-studist and Dj) … Speaking of interface stamped “as PRO” it was to say something rock solid, sound quality and updated even when the interface has more than 3-4 years … But yes i’m on MAC so maybe iConnect is better on Mac it’s possible.

Sometimes I’m not sure if we have a language barrier…:wink:

I agree with everything you’ve said…

It just might be cheaper and easier at first for @soundklinik to run with an audio4+, considering he’s on PC and the cost/additional setup of an interface, and he said he’s not worried about the gains…

But I always consider your advice good advice… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure i do think he can be satisfied in his configuration with the ICA4+ but i’m not sure it will not asked ASIO4ALL as well as the ICM2+ request : i would ask iConnectivity support if it’s the exact same installation on PC generally brand like the same way for every device… :wink:

After that he can take a Roland Duo Capture EX (audio and midi) connect it to his iPad, and use this block as a regular Gear with another small audio interface with midi on his Laptop and connect both via audio and midi. it’s another solution with the advantage that the Roland is battery powered so he can go on the road, outside with a battery power digitakt + roland and ipad and take pleasure from this minimal setup.

2 Likes