I want to make my own synths and effects. Is puredata the place to start?

Basically, I’d like to start creating things with the goal to eventually write more complex DSP programs.

Would puredata be a good starting point?

Is it possible to pick up the basics of puredata and MAX then progress on to C++ or something like that?

I think I’m going to try to find an Organelle and focus on building patches speciafically tailored towards my music. From there, it would be cool to move into writing code for other applications and just verbally building my tech skills.

Keep in mind that I’m not looking to do this commercially, just for my own personal use. I definitely don’t intend to become a fully-fledged programmer.

Any help from devs out there would be hugely appreciated!

The Axoloti might be interesting for you as well. It’s probably easier and much cheaper.

Thanks! I’ll take a look.

I don’t find the price of the Organelle too bad to be honest, and I kinda prefer the design.

I’m thinking of selling my Organelle. I need some money and I’m not using it much these days. I’m in France though.
Organelle has a nice community and pure data is awesome to learn DSP. All the available patches are a good to start. Also, even writing your own external in C is accessible.

Thanks! I’ve not been very active here lately and I was let down by the search function. I’ll give that thread a read.

This looks interesting, but still only preorder.
https://shop.bela.io