How to send pattern change messages from Octatrack to Jomox XBASE888

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to send pattern change messages from the octatrack to the XBASE888. The only infos i found about how to do it are the following:

XBASE 888 : Pattern selection by Midi Prog Change
Midi Prog Change selection with CC32 low bank sel 0/1 = Preset selection 000…127 or 128…255
CC32 banksel high>=8 = Pattern selection 00…63

Can anyone help me to understand this and explain how to do it using the octatrack?

Thanks,
Matteo

The Octatrack can send MIDI Program Change messages every time its pattern changes if you activate the “PROG CH SEND” setting in the PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu. See page 42 of the manual for more details.

If you switch to pattern A01 it will send Program Change with a value of 0; if you switch to pattern A02 it will send Program Change with a value of 1, etc, up to H16 for a value of 127. Patterns I01 to P16 also send Program Change in the range from 0 to 127.

Another option is to set a Program Change message in the OT’s MIDI sequencer. See page 114 of the manual. The advantage is that you can specify any value of Program Change; the disadvantage is that the message is only sent when you switch to a pattern linked to another Part.

Hopefully, that will work for you. After that, we can worry about the Bank Change message. The following topic describes the problem you will face:

Hey everybody,
i know it’s been a while since this topic was alive, but i have been searching for a solution the last days, came up with one and though i’ll let people know my “workaround”.

Midi Prog Change selection with CC32 low bank sel 0/1 = Preset selection 000…127 or 128…255
CC32 banksel high>=8 = Pattern selection 00…63

My Solution:
Go into the “MIDI CTRL (1 or 2) SETUP” and choose one of the assignable cc’s to be cc32.

Select kit:
If you dial in a 0 or 1 for that cc, a program change in the “Midi Note Setup” will select a kit (if 0: Kit0 - 127, if 1: Kit128 - 255).

Select pattern:
Dial in a 8 for cc32.
Now, when you send a program change, either by changing it in the “MIDI NOTE SETUP” or automatically ( PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC), that programchange will do a pattern selection.

The bank thing:
Bank can stay “OFF”, since the banks of the Xbase are only cosmetic , in the end it’s one huge bank/list.

I am very interested in other ways to do it, in case you found smth. different.

1 Like