How to fetch sample volume half-way through?

Hi all, hope you are well. Been having Octatrack for nearly two years now and only recently started to get grip of its great functions, especially Arranger. But more I use it, more questions I have. And here is one of them.

I have a 64 step pattern. On steps 1 of scale 1:4 and step 1 of scale 3:4 I have a trig set which plays a pad sample which has following settings in AMP page - HOLD 32, REL - 108, VOL 0.

I used to set up Scene #1 so that amp volume is -64 and Scene #2 so amp volume is 0, so when I use cross-fader I could bring pad into mix a bit “off beat”…

I wanted to have similar done via automation in Arranger. so I program my arranger to be:

row 1 - A01, 01 - 48 Scene 1 (amp vol -64, so track is muted)
row 2 - A01, 48 -16 Scene 2 (amp 0, so track kicks in)

I can see that machine plays pad in the background but I can get it sound unless it is triggered by a trig. In other words, if I place a trig on step 1 of scale 4:4 - it all works, but that ruins my pattern as I would then have 3 trigs instead of 2.

Was wondering if someone ever came across workaround for such kind of issue?

Many thanks

Not sure to understand everything but did you try with a Trigless trig ? You mean that Scene 2 is not effective without a trig ?

Edit : apparently not, and it doesn’t seem to work with an Trigless trig / lock.
Scenes in Arranger seem to behave like Parts, not effective without trigs.

An lfo on VOL, with SAW, TRIG = ONE should do the job I think. During 1 pattern, it can be a long attack time, a parameter slide…

And Welcome !

1 Like

Hey, thanks for suggestion and hospitality. Yes, I did try trigless trig - no difference. I shall try LFO trick tonight. Many thanks, much appreciated.