How do you use your Digitakt?

What place does the Digitakt have in your music? Do you use it just for the drums? As groovebox? To control other synths? What kind of music you do? How does it all fit together? How do you use other instruments? Do you wrap things up in a DAW or do you try to have a hardware only thing going on?

I’ve used it just for the drums on my songs with the band I’m in, but I’ve also been doing some Digitakt solo thingies and I quite like using it as a groovebox. Currently I have Digitakt and some HW synths being controlled from the computer, but I was thinking of flipping things around and maybe just using the MIDI on Digitakt.

The lack of saveable songs and a couple other hassles in making multi-pattern compositions are a bit irritating sometimes, but overall the workflow is really smooth and the box is really self-contained.

Current using a DAW where I put everything together, but I’d really like to use the computer just for recording if possible. I’ve lost inspiration for doing stuff in fron of a keyboard and screen.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Your digitakt setup