HOT UPGRADE not for OT? join, help us to have those features

It’s fine to request features, I just don’t think you can demand them into existence with petitions etc. to private companies.

1 Like

Just as a point of information, remember that the official method of getting feature requests to Elektron is to send an email message to:
feature-request@elektron.se

Thanks Peter, will do my part and submit my request.

Thanks again.

trig conditions is the only thing I really need, maybe one day…

The OT’s pretty damn great as is. And most likely crammed with more than its processors could reasonbly handle. It’s all rendered in real time, mind you, as are the conditional triggers. You’re asking a juggler to bring in additional torches when he’s already on fire.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have some feedback with this, more than bug fixes for a time…I share it on face OT Argentina users Group.
If we all together ask for it, they will have to respond.
CONDITIONAL TRIGGERS aren’t rocket science.

Octatrack DSP is maxed out. No new features, just bugfixes. This has been confirmed by Elektron staff.

Yes, they say… if that, taking out 1 FX will do the job

Maybe. But who’s to say taking out 1 FX would free up enough horsepower for trig conditions? And which FX would you sacrifice? And what about backwards compatibility with old projects using that FX? And where would you put the trig functions on an interface that is already visually crowded and full of confusing shortcuts?

Realistically it’s not gonna happen, so just use LFOs for fake probability and have fun with the OT as is, it’s a pretty fun box.

4 Likes

I am starting to realize that this new feature will never happen. And thats not because of all the theories everyone shared… it is because people DO BELIEVE on these theories and this belief will hold everyone back.

I used to believe we could have this movement going… but the mindset here is just not positive enough to make it move forward.

Thats sad but true.

When the company has straight up said it won’t happen and you still keep hoping, is it positivity or delusion?

3 Likes

My wife said no to me a bunch of times before we start to date… so i guess delusion is good. :wink:

2 Likes

Just put a random lfo on volume :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I believe users can influence Elektron’s decisions - and it has happened before but in the end the business decisions are made based on facts and numbers.

I highly doubt we’ll see any more OT updates. They’ve moved on. The AR/A4/AKeys are the products they will develop in that order. The OT really isn’t bringing in any money. On top, I doubt that the OT’s hardware supports many more features. It’s quite possible that the architecture is already maxed out. The OT does a ton of stuff and it’s quite likely it’s all it can do.

I say we let it go. Accept it as a wonderfully complex, flawed, and beautiful machine. Move on!

1 Like

Flawed ? heheh OT is a masterpiece if you look at it with the another (my) perspective. Consumers will always want more than what they have - it’s key to society as we know it. Companies have modeled their businesses on their clients/customers wanting more. If we had the perfect black monolith that would does all we needed and desired, then we would never want to purchase another :wink: For me, I realize OT has limitations, but limits can breed creativity. There are various means and methods to create randomness, variation, and outright generative behavior using the OT sequencer. Learn … learn more … practice … never stop practicing.

@adnauseam I know this post is responding to your post, but really it’s responding to like a bunch hehehehe not directed specifically at you :stuck_out_tongue:

lol replying to myself now ! In 10 years I hope my OT knowledge will reach the 9th level of the sampling kung fu. Then and only then will I reach true enlightenment.

Always remember - to genuinely become master of anything, one must first be willing to spend 10,000 hours and then ask yourself “have I begun to unlearn what I once thought I knew ?”

bows humbly

2 Likes

you had me at “OT is a masterpiece”.

fuck yeah.

also remember it is meant to be an expressive instrument, the OT is in no way trying to duplicate the software sampler market that took out the sampler hardware market years ago.

also something to note - the DSP on the OT is maxed out by all the current features.

there isn’t any more processing power to access on the OT that isn’t already being accessed by the OT.

at least, that is what i’ve heard.

anyway if that is true, it means this machine is at the pinnacle of where it may ascend to.

so, pretty awesome. Nothing but bug fixes or slight adjustments from now forwards in the OT operating system? Cool! Some people may see that as dissapointing, whereas i see it as proof of a magnificent victory for Elektron. They made a box that redefined sampling. And they made it as powerful as it could possibly be.

That is awesome.

2 Likes

indeed, a final bugfree OS would make this machine a legend, and a beast to tweak and perform for many years from now!!

[deleted]

Audio processors uses a lot more memory than logic processors, it can be adressed in FX slot as a new FX… this CONDITIONAL TRIGGERS have nothing to do with LFOs.
BETA OS is another possibility, with some sacrifice.
Any of you would like to have those new features, so give us suport