Help with Midi and OT Slider

Hi Iv’e got my Blofeld and Mopho hooked up to the Octatrack and all is working fine on the midi side of things but is there a way to have the the slider control the midi as well?
When I assign scenes I can only lock the audio channels and can’t figure how to do this with the 8 midi channels. Am I missing something here?
Been trying this for a few hours and have everything running great except the midi with scenes and the slider.
Any advice welcome

Rob

That’s a pity Rob, but so far OT’s crossfader can’t be used to deal with The MIDI side.
No MIDI scene, to put it shortly.

I remember that someone developped an external MIDI fader that was doing the job, I would say in November…
Can’t remember his name nor retrieve the thread.

I think you’re looking for the Morph4 by guga: http://www.gugabox.com/New/index.html

Best,
Hans

That’s it, thx mate :slight_smile:

Search function in this forum is a joke.

Thanks for the reply that’s a bummer indeed I had thought I was doing something wrong trying to midi learn the slider and all that but the feature wasn’t available in the first place, oh well I’ll find another way of working.
Rob

@rob - yeah, seems like it would be cool to be able to do. We were kicking ideas around on another thread a while ago.

With your blofeld, you might experiment with setting Ctrl W, X, Y, or Z to CC 48 and set up a slot in the mod matrix with a source of that Ctrl. Then your crossfader should control something on the blofeld.

I thought of this a while ago, but didn’t bother to follow up on it. It should work. Not sure how well it will work or how useful it will be.