Help! Issues with Overbridge on MAC OS 10.8.5

Hey,

Recently tried to install overbridge and having issues with the plugins. I am running Mac OS 10.8.5 and installed the most recent version of overbridge (1.15), using with an analog rytm MK1. The standalone app seems to work as it should, but I can’t get the plug-ins to work properly.

I use Logic Pro 9 and, although the elektron components are in the proper folder, they are not accessible in my AU instrument list in Logic. In fact, they aren’t even run for compatibility testing in the AU manager. Just completely ignored.

In ableton, again, the AUs don’t even appear in the list of plug-ins, despite being in the proper folder. The VSTs do appear and work to some degree however only reacts to physical knob movement. If I use the mouse to change a parameter, the screen GUI changes on the computer, but the changes aren’t represented on the AR - which I understand is supposed to happen (although I have never actually used overbridge outside of this experience so correct me if I am wrong).

I have legit copies of both DAWs

Because the AUs aren’t working into two separate DAWs it leads me to believe there was an issue with the install or compatibility with the OS. I have reinstalled overbridge several times. When I run the uninstaller, it crashes my computer.

anyone successfully use overbridge 1.15 with MAC OS 10.8.5?

I should mention I have tried to run logic in both 32 and 64bit with the same result. I have not tried to run ableton in 32 bit.

How about Firmware version on your machines ?

Supported Elektron Machines
Overbridge 1.15.0 requires one (or more) of the following Elektron hardware, running at least the listed OS version.
• Analog Four running OS 1.24
• Analog Keys running OS 1.24
• Analog Rytm running OS 1.31
• Analog Heat running OS 1.02

Maybe you should try that (only if your VST version worked properly)

1 Like

Double check : Is the AR1 in OB mode (aot just midi) …

plus - uninstall prior to re-install iirc

1 Like

Yup of course
Follow the exact install procedure and “steps” from Overbridge 1.15 Operator Manual

just noticed this - a quick search suggests people do have success (i think 10.7 onwards iirc)

1 Like

thanks for the responses. The AR is on 1.31B and in OB mode.

I did install as per the manual, several times at this point. That said, the uninstaller isn’t working for me.

I don’t believe its a hardware issue at this point as the AUs are not being recognized in two separate daws. The AUs should be recognizable regardless if I connect an elektron machine or not.

I’ll give it another shot, but primarily wanted someone to attest to having it work under similar circumstances. I know the minimum requirements say 10.8 but a quick google search did not reveal to me anyone confirming they had this working. Maybe my google skills need work :slight_smile:

really want to get this rolling but my paid for licenses restrict me from using an up to date OS.

1 Like