šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

DN is perfect for this, ill try to put something together with a DT, DN, SP404 setup.

2 Likes

btw i like how 80s movies werent afraid to go hard with the strobe fx

3 Likes

You do realise that somewhere out there someone who inadvertently clicked on that is now having a seizure :smile:

2 Likes

Got about a minute and a halfā€™s worth ofā€¦something so far. Think Iā€™m gonna be able to stick to the plan of using nothing but sounds from the movie.
This is a fun challenge, but what a time suck!

3 Likes

Got one version chopped up and arranged. May do one or two other takes on it as I still have a lot of samples left over :slight_smile:

1 Like

err. okay

doesnā€™t matter, there wasnā€™t enough interest in it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

and whatā€™s this with the picture of the Child? i donā€™t get it^^

1 Like

Drew Barrymore - the star of the film.

2 Likes

Hope a few folks contribute to this challengeā€¦I have one bit arranged and am hoping to do a second one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what to tell you @mightlife. Thatā€™s how this goes sometimes. Not unlike the Our Music section, there are many threads that have little or even zero response. I never even saw your thread for some reason???

Regardless, I look forward to hearing your output if you choose to participate.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone is planning on dropping some songs in this challengeā€¦? Iā€™m working on two different things since I got so many samples from the movie. Not using any sound I didnā€™t find in the movie. The first one, I just cut up samples in Logic and pieced it together there. The second one, I prepped all the samples in Logic, then loaded them into my OT for sequencing/mangling. Iā€™m in month two with the OT, so I need all the excuses to practice I can get! Also, never tried vaporwave before, which will probably be obvious :slight_smile:

Hope we get a few submissions here as Iā€™d love to learn from you folks!

2 Likes

I will be soon, lots of good sounds for synthwave.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely do a track, yeah.

2 Likes

Im working on an OT only track. Not even prepping the samples in a DAW - straight into the OT they go.

So this will probably mean it will end up being a muddy mess as I am useless/careless when it comes to mixing in the OT but it will at the very least sound less muddy/messy than my last OT effort (learning every time).

PS - I doubt youā€™ll be learning much from my effort thoughā€¦!

2 Likes

I would love to see more traditional type Halloween tracks. Not digging the movie selection for the mood :frowning:

1 Like

The fact it is a total crap movie is where the fun is!

4 Likes

I also take part. So far I have:
watched the movie on youtube (never seen it before, lots of cool sounds in it)
sampled from youtube into ableton and roughly cutted the samples
transfered samples to RYTM from ableton folder via elektron transfer (way faster than c6 :grinning:)
made some sounds and kits on RYTM, also the first patternsā€¦
had some fun while doing it - some really crazy sounds and speech snippets in thereā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to put something of a track together ATM, but with work and kids itā€™s difficult. Regardless of that, Iā€™ll still post whatever I come up with by the deadline. Iā€™ll be using Machinedrum, Digitone, and Yamaha Reface CS for the sounds.

3 Likes

Iā€™m also trying to put something together, using DT only. Deadline is fast approaching thoughā€¦

3 Likes

Agreed! The movie is pretty dumb, but thatā€™s part of the fun. In one jam, I used a fair amount of dialog because I couldnā€™t resist the cheesiness of it. The second thing Iā€™m working on, I tried to be a bit more ā€˜seriousā€™ and avoided dialog samples. Iā€™m a huge fan of forced limitations, which is why Iā€™m only using sounds from the movie itself. The toughest part of that was fashioning a decent kick and bass sounds from clips that were already shrunken by youtube. Still working on that :slight_smile:

1 Like