Google Podcasts shutting down, so where do you guys listen to podcasts?

Pocket Casts has always been good to me. Seamless and immediate between phone and laptop.

1 Like

I love Overcast too but it sounds like the OP is on android

If you are in the US you can migrate your subscriptions to YouTube Music if you dare trust Google won’t kill it again sometime soon:

https://support.google.com/youtubemusic/thread/249139848/migrate-your-podcast-shows-from-google-podcasts-us-only-🇺🇸?hl=en

1 Like

I’ve used Pocketcasts for years on iOS (and previously on Android).
I’ve never had a problem with it, very simple, pretty slick.

1 Like
1 Like

castget

YouTube Music works fine for me. That’s what Google is pushing anyway.

What’s the reasoning to not simply transition to YouTube Music for podcast listening? Is it lacking features/functionality that was in Google Podcasts?

I guess I haven’t used Google Podcasts in years, probably since Spotify became a good podcast source.

:point_up:t2:

1 Like

It’s not so much the features that are missing than having too many features, or a bunch of bloat, or a bunch of spyware, or a battery or data/processing hog.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! I’ve been checking out Antennae, which is nice and simple. I downloaded Pocket Casts but haven’t bothered setting up an account yet.

Thanks! I’m a big fan of the BBC Sounds app but hadn’t heard of that show.

My favorites are

Don Letts’ Culture Crash (of course)
The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show
In Our Time
The Poet Laureate Has Gone To His Shed
You’re Dead To Me
Sliced Bread
Steve Lamacq is ok, but the way he talks over the music pisses me off.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Yeah, the podcasts app was nice and lean last time I used it (years ago).

1 Like