Good kick drum synth to work with digitakt?

Hello folks. (:

Long story short: i love the “control all” function in dt but it messes up also the kick drum and many times i need more channels than 8. So i think i could manage fine if i could make a steady kick with another machine. I have tried to use digitone for it but i would like use all 4 channel just for synth stuff.
I make all kind of music so i’m looking for something versatile and funky kick synth. Mbase 11 seems to have good reviews on it and that might be a good one. The interface of it isnt so tempting.
Is there something really cool kick drum synths in the market or coming up in to the market? Feel free to recommend anything. (:

Maybe Vermona kick is suitable

2 Likes

DFAM, kicks and a lot more

3 Likes

or (cheaper) P-lock the kick drums settings so “CTRL-ALL” doesn’t mess it up?

10 Likes

doesn’t solve the channels thing, but then you can spend the money on something more interesting than a kick generator.

:wink:

1 Like

considering how good the volca beats was, the volca kick is worth a stickybeak

3 Likes

A second Digitakt? :thinking:

Might be overkill for your needs but I’m really enjoying the TR-8S at the moment. ACB sounds plus samples, plus effects, and you can trig instruments off each other so you can layer kicks. It’s pretty nice.

3 Likes

alternately if money is no object I have so much GAS for this:

3 Likes

I think this will be one of my first modules when I get a small euro skiff :wink:

2 Likes

A4. Awesome synth and great drum synth. Mk1 is sold for peanuts these days. Works well in Elektron signal chain.

8 Likes

Audio Damage Boomtschak, it’s eurorack though but a very fine analogue drum voice. Does a great snare too.

1 Like

Try Nord drum 2 or 3 .good kicks,rytm,percussion ,melody,bass and many more (.i use it with OT )or maybe wait for nord updates …
please !!give us a nd4 with news fonctionnonality , good effects , lfos or maybe performance and variation like nord lead 4 , random fonctionnality , random arp …
I’m waiting for some nord synth like nl5 and i dream of g3 but i haven’t hear anything about it .

4 Likes

I bought a Volca Kick. Its a great little synth with a lot of dirt (ms20 filter type). It’s also great for deep basslines. plus it has a Midi CC implementation to use with the Digitakt

6 Likes

P-locked parameters aren’t effected by CTRL-ALL

P-lock your kick’s parameters that you commonly use for CTRL-ALL and it won’t mess it up.

8 Likes

Thanks for replies…! (:

I have thought about buying another digitakt, but then i thought why not buy octatrack then, but now i feel i need to wait atleast 1-2 year before buying ot and make music with the system i got. But those 8 channels isnt enough for drums and i need atleast that kick to be separately.
Thanks for that p-lock advice anyways, i will keep that in mind…!
I was also going to buy a4 but now i dont want to use so many elektron products in my music(it will sound too much elektron then).
What do you think about using digitone for kicks? There isnt any youtube tutorials about it and i’m so bad making kicks with it. :confused: i have tried those preset kicks.

That korg kick could be cool but doesnt seem so versatile, or is it?

Nobody here uses that mbase 11?

I love dreadbox, that drum module must be wicked too. But that means going in to the rabbithole of modules. :stuck_out_tongue: there is many cool drum modules in the market.

So many choices. :smiley:

1 Like

The cheapest (possibly) and most flexible unit I could recommend would be a 2nd hand Nord Drum 1.
Not only is it small, the bass is quite ridiculous and it is more than capable of many other percussive and more abstract sounds. With four identical channels the scope for sculpting and layering is seriously powerful and impressive.

4 Likes

Just a kick synth there´s only one choice really - the Jomox Mbase 11, as mentioned. I´m planning to get one, or the eurorack version.

1 Like

I’ll second this. Much better drum synth than the AR and as low as 600€ these days.

…or go all in and get this: https://analoguezone.com/erica-synths-techno-system.html

€4,788

3 Likes

8 channels should really be enough for drums, especially when you can switch samples per step. Feel you on outsourcing the kick though.