Futuresonus Parva

Yeah, that’s nasty - wasn’t noticeable on my hi-fi. Sounds a bit like the interference I get when I use my Blofeld’s usb midi connection, though not quite as bad. As I understand it there have been a bunch of hardware issues that delayed shipping, reports of units being swapped out more or less immediately too - say it’ll be well into the second half of the year before a clear picture emerges.

For all that, still a much better demo than the the previous ones - I like its character, if it works out it seems for me to be just the ticket for bread and butter vintagey chords and pads. And I definitely like the price tag. Still interested for sure, but I think it’s fair to say that it hasn’t been plain sailing in Parva land. Even leaving aside selfish considerations I’m rooting for the guy, the whole project is a brave move, hoping it works out for him.

I liked the sound on the official video they put out, I just think it’s kinda weird there have been none since that go further in to the modulation etc. Also hoping it works out for the guy behind it though. Potentially a great box. Hope he manages to iron things out.

The whine is down to a known issue with oscillators running hot, to be addressed in an update apparently.

Another demo here from the same guy:

https://soundcloud.com/djthomaswhite/parva-noodle-number-two

Based on those demos the Parva is certainly beginning to sound nice. Hopefully production can ramp up and any remaining issues get squashed.

Unless something crazy drops from another manufacturer, this is a pretty definite purchase for me.

1 Like
  • 8 Analog Polyphony
  • Multimode/Multitimbral
  • Polyphonic Aftertouch
  • $1000

Seems too good to be true. Can anyone point me to a current review with the new OS update?

1 Like

According to german forum sequencer.de, the firmware is still rather immature with updates far between. For example, proper tuning only became available with one of the last updates.

Best,
Hans

A new firmware was released recently so hopefully the Parva starts to pick up some momentum.
https://youtu.be/AQilV-OrDYQ

1 Like

Want to bump this thread and see if anyone has comments. Sounds like this has been out for a couple years now. I am interested in picking one up because of the MPE features and I recently bought a linnstrument.

Pluses and minuses for those that own or owned one?

Have had one for just over a year. Love it but have only scratched the surface of its potential with the Octatrack. Weak preset library means you need to bring your sound design game. Feels very limitless to work with. Xmod section especially.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s good to hear! Thank you for the reply. It sounds like the man is getting a steady stream of orders but reviews are far between. I have been looking for a workflow type video but mostly it’s just demos of the sounds.

How does it feel navigating thru the different sections?

Thank you, I read your review a few days ago and it helped nudge me toward the Parva. Since there aren’t a lot of reviews it helps to see an honest one.

It’s kindof how you imagine by the layout. Coming from Elektron world it’s very simple in comparison. Barely need to RTFM… :slight_smile: Editing within a patch is all mainly above the bottom two dials, which are more for higher level menus. The left side dials take you through the parameters and layers that aren’t covered on the right hand side. My only requests would be a detented range knob and less ‘focus’ time on the display. (When the display changes to highlight the parameter you’re selecting. …but stops you from further changes until it defocuses)

1 Like

Sad to see Futuresonus appears to now be defunct, along with the forum. Still love my black Parva s/n 6 and moderately convinced it will become a rare collectible in years to come. I mean who else offers an 8 voice analog multitimbral module?? …not to mention its many other features.

Anyone have copies of the .dmg for ParvUtil or the desktop editor? I would like to install them on my laptop as well.

Hope us Parvistas can use this space to connect and share patches in the future!

1 Like

MFB synth pro

I had a black parva as well… not a bad sounding synth, but it took work and there were no good presets to start from.

1 Like

We should really have gotten one into @Floppydisk_Pirates’ hands years ago… :wink: In all seriousness though it would be awesome to have a top notch sound designer do this synth justice.

1 Like

I have not heard of the synth yet but seems to be exactly my thing, small and clear with undersides :wink: How long has it been around? And thanks for the nice words! :slight_smile: Looks like the synth has been around for some time. I wish I had noticed this earlier… But maybe a few are happy about a new Digitone Pack? Actually finished a long time ago but demo tracks and cover design always stop me :snail:

1 Like

Started as a kickstarter project in early 2015 at a time when an 8 voice analog poly for $1,000 was quite the bargain.

Seems like a separate topic?

1 Like

I bet you would have a blast with it! My patch building skills are pretty rudimentary and I suspect most other users too. I’ve heard several times it was the reason why it never took off. There must be 1000 or so of them out there considering the kickstarter was successful. I never realized before how much a patch library can really make a synth before owning this one. It’s a huge investment of time and creative energy.

1 Like

I’ve never actually seen it that way. Maybe a lot of big manufacturers don’t either?! A good bank of sound packs can motivate to get exactly this synth.

Thank you for appreciating how much time and energy it takes to make a sound pack. Reading something like this helps every sound designer out there as it inspires courage. :pray:

2 Likes