Function button stuck to ON, live set in 2 days. Any ideas?

Analog rytm function key is stuck, keeps being always ON, have a live set in 2 days.

is there anything I can do/is it easy to take the top off and clean it/take off the button to reveal underneath and see if that at least works? happy for any kind of fix - i’ve tried spraying air in, nothing so far

I’ve emailed elektron but if anyone has any help that would be great, thanks

If it’s Mk1 then you can have a look inside to get more of a feel

might be stuck at edges of chassis ? (unlikely with age)

might be worn out / collapsed

might be stuck with sticky residue

whatever you have will dictate solution paths, a collapsed mechanism switch will be toughest to resolve in the short term

search around for discussions like this one whilst you await official feedback

1 Like

ah thats great - i took the lid off and its soldered/smt stuff so I gave it a blow from the air duster and its better (ish)

thanks for the prompt response i’ll try lifting it off and cleaning

2 Likes

its not collapsed or stuck, its feels like something inside clogging it/worn etc. the movement is fine

1 Like

I had a MK2 A4 [Func] cap key stuck on me - which didn’t spring back readily. I had to pry it off (I used my fingers after no luck with a “padded” nose plier. Eventually the cap came off. I cleaned out both edges of button and body frame of A4 (the top edge had the roughest look), then put [Func] button cap back on. Became quite a bit better after that. Hope it can help someone.

1 Like