Flying VESA Heats

Hello guys I am pretty curious if any of you has mounted AH on an arm using its VESA 100x100mm holes.

I would like, in my intentions, to use a small monitor arm since my desk now is going to miss also the tiniest space for a pen…
Also because, sometimes, I find difficult to read the display when I am bit out of axis…
Even if, I would not love to push encoders this way…

Bought a monitor arm, but ended up not using it for the monitor instead the Heat went on it…so a flying AH here

5 Likes

That’s awesome.
No mods necessary? Are the holes on there already?
Funny just yesterday was wanting to do the same thing with my RYTM.
Can’t check now, does the RYTM have these also?

Yes already there, as also specified in the tech specs of the manual (vesa holes).
I don’t believe you would find that in the rytm.
I used a monitor arm only because the analog heat doesn’t need too many pushes

Brilliant I had no idea you could VESA mount it!
Technically, I could just use an old monitor stand from work and put it on my desk…weird possibilities!
The A4 and the Rytm do not have VESA mount holes, probably why they sell the rack ears for $50 each.

I read this topic and set it up using this VESA stand.

The result was a perfect!. It just like a genuine option. It was very nice information. Thank you very much.

7 Likes

So glad it brings solution…
Just would like to share the arm I adopted since, for me, it gives you option to be moved around easily.

I ordered this folding one. Will let you know.

Uploading…

3 Likes

Ooh, I like that one the best! How has it been for you so far?

Splendid mate. It’s really stiff to move so i can’t imagine it dropping down. Can get a variety of angles, from straight up and forward facing to flat enough to fit in a travel bag. Does add a fair bit of weight to the unit tho, as you can imagine. If I got a DT this is how I’d have it setup. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just an important note (at least I find it very important):

I’ve asked at official support physical specs about the screws to be used for those VESA holes.

They said: M4 - 7,4mm

My monitor arm came shipped with 6mm long screws…so all fine.

Hopefully yours is within that 7,4mm…otherwise use fitting ones!

4 Likes

getting proper M4 screws is a small price to pay for the peace of mind IMO. Thanks for pointing this out.

2 Likes

I have just checked the backside of the Heat and I found four holes. I don’t know if they are just for maintenance purpose or for mounting the Heat on a display-telescope-arm.

Someone checked it out?

The holes are for mounting.

1 Like

some jointing of both digitakt heat or digitone plus wall mount options here :+1:

digijoint :loud_sound:

This sounds like some kind of portable pot vaporizer…

2 Likes

smok’in :dash:

I also feel that desk space is precious. With this trick my Analog Heat is now also floating on top of some other gear. Saves space and makes the display way more accessible.

1 Like