[FIXED] Still no proper backup?

im slightly confused, even though the samples are still on the machine the back up doesn’t link them properly to the project when restored?

Exactly.

1 Like

damn, that is disappointing. did you put in a support ticket?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Well there goes my hope of backing up. I have about 11 projects x 128 = approx 1400 samples to write down the order of and name in the soundpool

Weird

are you people even reading to what you are replying ?
the hash tag is related to the position of the samples within the +Drive and has NOTHING to do with the particular problem bespoken here.

in fact the problem might be even worser,
i for my own can often even not read the necessary parts of the sample names.
at least not from the SRC page. not shure about the samples management page.
which is a mess of its own to me anyway.
even if possible it would take me huge amounts of times and nerves to track down those sample names

in that sense yes, you are right, there is no proper backup yet !
i had me fooled myself also, thinking the sample transfer is doing it.
but thinking now closer, No ist not !

Does anyone else want to test this?
I would but obviously don’t want to destroy all my backups.

@Ess @Olle
Are you able to test at Elektron hq?
If this is a real bug people are going to be very upset in future when they find all their restored backups are destroyed

Thanks so much :relieved:

It works fine for me. The samples get assigned every time. Contact support.

8 Likes

Ok good to know it works :v:

Yes we’re reading! And we are reading other threads too, where this problem was already discussed … Are you reading?

Hi, i could someone help me, cause i didn’t managed yet to resend a project sysex back into a new project. I don’t see in sysex receive menu, a place named “project” so i tried with first pattern, thinking it could continue to others but not. I really missing something here.
Manual tought mention project receive but don’t about procedure
Do i have to just load the project sysex in Transfer, and then it will appear in the Dt projects list?
OR, have i to play the sysex while just be not any sysex dump menu,received…, so the patterns and settings get written automatically into the new project?

Ok, managed to. Simple procedure, but could had been explained in the manual.

For others likes me couldn’t figured it out.

1 create a new project, be within like you could create some patterns
2 don’t go in sysex dump menu, useless
3 Send the sysex via c6

That’s it, pattens and settings are writting one by one real fast.

4 u can save your project now

Note just after the transfer, my DT was chaining 2 patterns automatically , just hit stop or select only one pattern.

AND important here, samples are well assigned in slots like in the original project, not any problem on this side.

7 Likes

The calculated hash for a sample has nothing to do with its position within the +drive.

The hash is a unique id for the sample content which is independent from its name and location. As long as the sample content doesn’t change you can move it around, rename it, delete it and upload it again.

But beware of auto-sample conversion when uploading with different programs. This may change the sample content (changes the hash, too).

"unique" id: well, not completely unique (that’s simply not possible with hash codes), but the chances to get the same hash for different samples is really, really low.

2 Likes

It works by by just sending the sysex dump of the project with Transfer App (or c6) while the Digitiakt shows a regular pattern page. Previously I used the sysex-receive function from settings menu.

:relaxed:

2 Likes

All this aggravation because of this particular OS, which is different than the OT. The differences in the OS which I find somewhat weird. Why not the same OS, like the OT but on all the other boxes? I think it’s because that guy who developed the OT passed away and they don’t have the ability to port the OS to the different hardware platforms.

you are right, my wording was not very clever or clear.
and i was anyway wrong in the whole it seems.
my post also reflecting a growing antypathie within me…i have ashamedly to admit.
in that sense: Great that it was cleared now.

while: how is right now, is nevertheless not doing it for me in any way.
we have 2018 and i personally do not count the innards how they look on paper, respectivly how nice they can be made to look with proper wording
(in this case: ie. = its allready here ! )
but anyway, sorry ! need to be more cautious to what i suck me in myself.
negativity really beeing a trap for me these days.

That was the key instruction. Now, my samples are mapped correctly to their slots. Thank you! Who would think that “sysex receive” should not be used for sysex receive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No matter what I do, it won’t import the sounds, only the patterns…

I backed up all the samples from my previous DT, and did Sysex dumps of the projects. Then on the new DT I copied the folders with samples from the backup to the new one with the Transfer app. Then I created a new project, and from the pattern page I sent the Sysex dumps back. All patterns get loaded, project settings too, but all sounds are empty… Doesn’t matter if I use C6 or Transfer app. And yes, I stayed away from the Sysex Receive menu…

Does anyone have an idea of what I’m doing wrong? I was using the 1.11beta6 firmware on the old DT, and have it on the new one as well.